Questions about the liberty ship

worry wart

Going on the Liberty for the first time in September and am looking forward to it. I did read somewhere on here that you can't see the ocean from the pool deck. Is that true of both pools? Just curious. I've only been on the Imagination so far with Carnival so looking forward to a bigger ship to compare. Are there areas to eat outside from the buffet area overlooking the ocean?

Going on the Liberty for the first time in September and am looking forward to it. I did read somewhere on here that you can't see the ocean from the pool deck. Is that true of both pools? Just curious. I've only been on the Imagination so far with Carnival so looking forward to a bigger ship to compare. Are there areas to eat outside from the buffet area overlooking the ocean?

It has been a while since being on the Liberty, but as I recall, you can see the ocean if you are standing up by the railing, but not if you are actually laying by the pool or in it.

Sue

If you laying by the pool - no - but if you go to the railing - yes. If you can get a seat by any of the windows on the Lido deck buffet area and along the outside you can definitely see the ocean. I loved the Liberty. Make sure that you hit the Steakhouse. It is $30 a head extra but more than worth every penny as far as I am concerned. The Chocolate sampler dessert is to die for. Have an awesome cruise - wish I was there.

I am cruising on her next week, from reading reviews and looking at the layouts it seems it's a 'stadium style' seating around the forward lido pool. Then the aft pool on the lido is the serenity area with no kids allowed, that is a flat area so you would have more views over the side. Hope that helps.

You'll notice that the view is less obstructed than the Fantasy Class.

I am cruising on her next week, from reading reviews and looking at the layouts it seems it's a 'stadium style' seating around the forward lido pool. Then the aft pool on the lido is the serenity area with no kids allowed, that is a flat area so you would have more views over the side. Hope that helps.

It has been 3 years since I have sailed on the Liberty, but here is a photo I have taken of her lido deck. I hope this helps...

1520156863_carnivallibertylido.jpg.12f15c041cf3f76e6ac602e504367d8f.jpg

I'm sailing on here in 10 days. I'll try to remember to come back on this thread and let you know what I find out. The layouts help you to see how it's setup, but from every review I've read, the railings are solid and not see through like they are on some ships.

Sorry to report that the serenity area isn't available on the Liberty... We sailed her last month.

here is the pool=- notice the background windows

that allow you to see the ocean

2529861150082052728CpslXP_th.jpg

your view from a chair:

2155840370103787746cPFvjZ_th.jpg

the buffet area-- you can go outdoors and eat at tables like these located by the windows.

2642430970060822575jjAMAW_th.jpg

or eat indoors at the buffet at tables like these. you will find tables at windows here also

2566028350085301487mwCCVU_th.jpg

Archived