Carnival Triumph Topless Show 4/13/10

WoodyStang

We saw the show in January. It was not topless, but billed as their new R rated French Burlesque Show. Again not topless, yes thongs. The girls are just as scantly dressed in the 2 big shows every evening. I think most folks are farther away from the stage in the main theater and it doesn't seem as "in your face" as this show does in the small El Rio Club. It is a little provacative, but done with class and I thought was cute. There was one scene with corset/stockings, but again I have see that in store windows at the mall, catalogs that come in the mail and magazines and I'm not talking adult magazines as well as movies on tv. Botton line, I wouldn't take childern to any R rated show unless I had seen it first to know how I would feel about it.......even an R rated movie. It was well posted rated R in the "Capers", by the CD over the speakers and warning before the show started on our cruise. The girls are outside the door as you leave with baskets of Hershey Kisses saying a kiss goodnight for you. Was fun and cute, but would not have taken a child being it is a little provacative. Guess that's why it's billed as a French Burlesque! ;)

Just my thoughts,

Kat

I personally think that sounds AWESOME! :D It's one show I'd actually like to see (and DH would adore!)

Maybe it was in honor of Boobquake..

(google it)

Hmmm, and here I though DH was just being sweet when he said my boobs made the earth move:eek: it MUST be true, if Islamic clerics agree.

Thanks for the laugh! :D

blindrid[/left];24145607]

I get a chuckle out of someone going to a R rated show and concerned that it was topless. I think the rating makes it a bit obvious, doesn't it? Moral of the story, what

nothers

you may not bother others and the other way around.

If you are referring to the OP, then you didn't read the post very well. She said she didn't go see the R rated show because the show she was at (at 8pm) was bad enough (for her)

But I have to say that Carnival does make it clear they provide Vegas style shows ... so I would think that is pretty self explanatory. ... PLUS I agree that you will see plenty of thongs on ANY cruise ship (or any pool/beach)

I would rather see a topless show any day than see the R rated comedians using profanity. That really makes no sense to me. They won't show us boobs but they'll shower us with the F word and every four letter word you can think of. They even describe sexual events to us. Sometimes they are funny but most of the time they are not.

And before anyone says that I don't have to go see the comedians, let me say that you don't have to go see the boobies either.

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

YOU wanted US to know what you HEARD??

And the dancers now have backsides? :eek:

Just out from Carnival: Due to popular demand, the "F" deck has been moved to the main stage. Tops are optional:p I bet they'd get a great crowd for their shows. But in all honesty - I would love to see that "French Burlesque show" on a ship I sail on.

Just out from Carnival: Due to popular demand, the "F" deck has been moved to the main stage. Tops are optional:p I bet they'd get a great crowd for their shows. But in all honesty - I would love to see that "French Burlesque show" on a ship I sail on.

That is just absurd. How am I supposed to see Cuba from inside the show lounge??? :confused:

This all reminds me of the couple of idiots I overheard on the Pride complaining about the nudity in the Renaissance and Classical art hanging around the ship. And, man, the statue of David really had them upset. Boobies and a penis! Quelle horreur!

It seems Carnival is trying to change it's image. My daughter and I went to the illusionist show after dinner (8:30 pm). The show was extremely racy (burlesque style) with many dancers bending over showing their backsides (having thongs on). We stayed for the entire show but many families with children left shortly after the show started. The magician and cruise director many times advertised the "R rated" French Burlesque late show. I did not personally go to this show, but others on board I talked to did. This was "Topless" I was told.

We are reconsidering cruising with Carnival in the future.

I am attempting to attach the "Funtimes" (old Carnival Capers). The show was listed as "A Kiss Goodnight"

Just thought everyone would want to know....

So for one show, which you did not personally attend, but you 'heard' about, you are considering not ever again cruising Carnival? What is wrong with the human body? There is a slim chance that you have one yourself!

This all reminds me of the couple of idiots I overheard on the Pride complaining about the nudity in the Renaissance and Classical art hanging around the ship. And, man, the statue of David really had them upset. Boobies and a penis! Quelle horreur!

Now to be fair I can see where boobies AND a penis could be a little upsetting.

I was watching this movie "The Crying Game" once and this guy has another guy killed and then he goes and meets the dead guys girlfriend and falls in love with her (of course he lied and didn't tell her he had killed her BF.

Well when they finally went and did the nasty HO HO HO ...lets just say I understand where Boobies AND a penis could be a little disturbing

I was watching this movie "The Crying Game" once and this guy has another guy killed and then he goes and meets the dead guys girlfriend and falls in love with her (of course he lied and didn't tell her he had killed her BF.

Well when they finally went and did the nasty HO HO HO ...lets just say I understand where Boobies AND a penis could be a little disturbing

Thanks for the spoiler, I guess I'll it off my netflix list now. :cool:

You so crazy. The penis and boobies weren't on the same statue. That statue is in the secret-private sex club in the lowest decks of the ship. It's called "Caligula's Castaways"

You so crazy. The penis and boobies weren't on the same statue. That statue is in the secret-private sex club in the lowest decks of the ship. It's called "Caligula's Castaways"

Sounds like the name of a fun group cruise :eek::p

Heheh! Yeah, if you get to be Caligula. For his subjects, not so much!

Since the thread has already gone WAY off topic:

DH loves anything regarding ancient cultures (Egyptian, Greek, etc) when we first signed up for Netflix, I went through and added lots of documentaries with out reading all of their descriptions. Imagine our surprise when 'Caligula' came in the mail...we popped the DVD in and it was a Penthouse production from the 70's...thankfully, if was just the two of us and no friends were over. :o It was insanely entertaining lol

Since the thread has already gone WAY off topic:

DH loves anything regarding ancient cultures (Egyptian, Greek, etc) when we first signed up for Netflix, I went through and added lots of documentaries with out reading all of their descriptions. Imagine our surprise when 'Caligula' came in the mail...we popped the DVD in and it was a Penthouse production from the 70's...thankfully, if was just the two of us and no friends were over. :o It was insanely entertaining lol

Wow. I found that movie "startling" (to say the least) when I knew what I was getting into. I can't imagine your surprise.

Archived