Book early or wait for last minute deal???

timeforabreak

I'm really confused what to do on this. My husband and I have a nice cruise booked for Spring Break next year with the kids already, but we would like to fit in an "extra" cruise for the two of us in October. We don't really care what the itinerary is. We are looking for the best price possible for an inside cabin. We were thinking of booking a Carnival cruise at the super saver rate ($399) or waiting and trying to get on the one of the big RCI ships (Freedom or Liberty of the Seas) at a last minute rate. We have gone both lines before, but when we take the kids, we always go Carnival because the rates are so much better. I would really like to get a great rate on RCI, but I don't know if they really ever drop that much? October, I would think, would be one of the better times to try to do this. I also question airfare. I've traditionally booked airfare very early, so I don't know how that will go if we wait for the last minute. We'll be flying out of KC most likely to Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone have any advice to offer on this?

I'm really confused what to do on this. My husband and I have a nice cruise booked for Spring Break next year with the kids already, but we would like to fit in an "extra" cruise for the two of us in October. We don't really care what the itinerary is. We are looking for the best price possible for an inside cabin. We were thinking of booking a Carnival cruise at the super saver rate ($399) or waiting and trying to get on the one of the big RCI ships (Freedom or Liberty of the Seas) at a last minute rate. We have gone both lines before, but when we take the kids, we always go Carnival because the rates are so much better. I would really like to get a great rate on RCI, but I don't know if they really ever drop that much? October, I would think, would be one of the better times to try to do this. I also question airfare. I've traditionally booked airfare very early, so I don't know how that will go if we wait for the last minute. We'll be flying out of KC most likely to Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone have any advice to offer on this?

I find that flights are usually more expensive at the last minute. But I book my cruises at the last minute and get really good rates. The only ones I have booked ahead of time are the ones I have to fly to the port. I live near a port so that usually isn't a problem. You could have a date and ship in mind and book the airfare now and hope that last minute deals are available.

Archived