Are you kidding me Royal Caribbean?

So I have a cruise booked for Sunday on the Mariner of the Seas and I went online to check in and I noticed it says I have 8 cruise credits.

I know I have been on 9 cruises so I looked up the cruise histroy and it only lists three recent cruises. So I called and talked to Nathan who by my account, is a less than steller employee at the Crown and Anchor desk.

I told him I have some paperwork for a cruise we just went on to add it to the list to bring my total to 9. I then sent it in and now my cruise credits says 4!! Are you kidding me? I then called and talked to an Anette and she said she only sees 4 cruises and I will now need to prove the other 5! Once again are you kidding me? It showed on your site I had 8 now I need to prove them? Some were on the Viking Serenade back in the early 90s and I don't have anything from then. Some I have. But what makes matters worse is I asked her to look for the past sailings by names of other people I traveled with and she found them but not me but then acted like I was making this up! Once again, are you kidding me? I've got nothing better to do on a Friday night and call and make this stuff up to add a couple cruises to my account. I've been a lifelong RC fan but after this I have a bad taste in my mouth. What can I do? Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks

Jason

So I have a cruise booked for Sunday on the Mariner of the Seas and I went online to check in and I noticed it says I have 8 cruise credits.

I know I have been on 9 cruises so I looked up the cruise histroy and it only lists three recent cruises. So I called and talked to Nathan who by my account, is a less than steller employee at the Crown and Anchor desk.

Just remember that when you sail in a junior suite or higher or go on a 12+ night cruise, you earn an additional cruise point.

I told him I have some paperwork for a cruise we just went on to add it to the list to bring my total to 9. I then sent it in and now my cruise credits says 4!! Are you kidding me? I then called and talked to an Anette and she said she only sees 4 cruises and I will now need to prove the other 5! . What can I do? Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks

Jason

we also had this problem for one cruise. they finally took a fax of one of the daily papers as proof. do you have anything at all from your cruise?

This happened to me also. Luckily I've kept everyone of my sign/sail/sea pass/room cards. I just read the folio #'s off and I was credited.

Sorry for your problems. RCL really does not have their act together.

I just went to update my profile online. When I signed in I had 2 cruise credits listed in the margin, but no details of the cruises listed. After updating my e-mail address it deleted my two cruise credits! So on their website I am officially a Crown & Anchor Society Member with zero cruises completed! :eek: I only have the seapass for the second cruise.

That's not as bad as having 5 cruises erased, but it is still something RCCL should correct.

I learned a lesson from this thread. After I join C & A (first time RCL cruiser in June)I need to make sure I have cruise added . How long after a cruise does it take to show on your account. Its kinda weird, we cruised Carnival many years ago and we still get offers for being a past passenger with our # linked to Carnival. We never joined a reward club with Carnival. You'd think RC would keep lots of records for soliciting future cruisers.

I just went to update my profile online. When I signed in I had 2 cruise credits listed in the margin, but no details of the cruises listed. After updating my e-mail address it deleted my two cruise credits! So on their website I am officially a Crown & Anchor Society Member with zero cruises completed! :eek: I only have the seapass for the second cruise.

That's not as bad as having 5 cruises erased, but it is still something RCCL should correct.

I saw this after my last post. How hard can it be to keep up with this info? I know they sure kept up with my payment dates for our June cruise. :confused::p

I told him I have some paperwork for a cruise we just went on to add it to the list to bring my total to 9. I then sent it in and now my cruise credits says 4!! Are you kidding me? I then called and talked to an Anette and she said she only sees 4 cruises and I will now need to prove the other 5! Once again are you kidding me? It showed on your site I had 8 now I need to prove them? Some were on the Viking Serenade back in the early 90s and I don't have anything from then. Some I have. But what makes matters worse is I asked her to look for the past sailings by names of other people I traveled with and she found them but not me but then acted like I was making this up! Once again, are you kidding me? I've got nothing better to do on a Friday night and call and make this stuff up to add a couple cruises to my account. I've been a lifelong RC fan but after this I have a bad taste in my mouth. What can I do? Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks

Jason

Some friends of ours were credited with 3 extra cruise's they never took that were from about 10 years ago. Seems someone with a similiar name took them. He tried telling C and A but was told he must be mistaken. So now they are diamond members.

The OP made an excellent point and it reminded me to immediately go to my C&A record online and do a printout or screenshot. That way, if there's a computer glitch in the system and my file is altered or erased, I have digital proof of my past history. I'm signing off here to go the RCCL web site now. Thanks for the heads up ;)

The OP made an excellent point and it reminded me to immediately go to my C&A record online and do a printout or screenshot. That way, if there's a computer glitch in the system and my file is altered or erased, I have digital proof of my past history. I'm signing off here to go the RCCL web site now. Thanks for the heads up ;)

Excellent idea! Doing the same thing...

Listen, I have had problems similar to this and have learned a few things about the system RCCL uses. First of all has any of your personal information changed over the years? Example: Address, name for even phone number that you use? RCCL's database uses some of this for their tracking in the database, yes I know you would think it is always the C&A number but it isn't always that way. For example, for some reason with me they had me in 2 databases (bet that is what is going on with you) and my address or phone number changed that I was using in the bookings. They kept having to merge the databases to get the number correct and that can take a few days. I suggest you make sure they don't have you in 2 databases that need to be mergered.

Hopefully this may be the same issue you are having and can be fixed with but will take patience.

FYI, I always save all my Sail and Sign cards now for proof of sailings.

Life is too short to fret over cruise credits. Besides, the perks just aren't worth the angst.

It's true that the C&A coupon books are less valuable than they used to be, and diamond members are no longer allowed in the CL, but I personally think the existing/remaining perks are well-worth an inquiry as to why one's cruise credit count is not accurate. And some of the perks increase in value (coupon books) and/or frequency (past guest events/parties) as one moves from gold to platinum to diamond/D+, so it makes even more sense to question it if it means the difference between being listed as platinum vs. diamond, or diamond vs. D+.

Archived