Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Hello Sun Cruisers,

It is great to see this is still alive and setting records for thread life.

I keep it in my favorites and check in to see how the Sun is. I was introduced to CC on this ship. I think the orgininal posters were pretty funny and honest, that is what keeps it going.

Still looking for our next cruise, keep up the great posts.

Working hard, Rehabber:)

Hello Sun Cruisers,

It is great to see this is still alive and setting records for thread life.

I keep it in my favorites and check in to see how the Sun is. I was introduced to CC on this ship. I think the orgininal posters were pretty funny and honest, that is what keeps it going.

Still looking for our next cruise, keep up the great posts.

Working hard, Rehabber:)

Hi Rehabber, nice to hear from you. Can't believe it's almost 2 months already since we were on the Sun. I'm also looking for our next cruise, but still don't have one booked. Can you believe it over 1000 posts on this thread and still going strong. Thanks to CruiserForLife for starting it and to all who are posting live from the Sun.

I'm starting to think we may have to plan a "Live from the Sun Reunion Cruise" for everyone who has participated in this thread. Now that would be fun ;)

We're starting to get ready for our Baltics cruise which is just around the corner. I can't believe we'll be back on a ship in a month. Can't wait.

Greetings to all those sailing on Sun Princess....hope she is treating you well!

We were on the Sun from 8-18 April. As those that were with us recall, I had many problems with food, the waiter, head waiter, and maitre'd. Upon our return I wrote a detailed letter to Princess.

Yesterday I received a short response from Princess Customer Service. It acknowledged I had a problem. They indicated they hoped I have better time next time on one of their ships.

To me it was a disappointing response. It doesn't say what that are doing to correct the issues, so if I do take another cruise with them, I will not have the same food and food service issues.

After so many unhappy cruisers as well as sick ones, why wou8ld anyone want to take another cruise on the Sun especially w/ 1000 other critics. I am sure that Princess wouldn't want that either. Of course they could have Capt. Qweeg sail the ship and and then have a crew of non-English speaking staff. That way you can jump ship at the first port and swim back to avoid illness, rudeness and their famous coffee!:rolleyes:

Morning all Sun cruisers (past,present,& future),

Glad to see this thread has "sea legs" and still remains as popular today as it was when Host Anne,myself,and many others cruised back on 1/28 which does seem like forever in some ways and then because of things like this forum,it almost feels like we're still onboard.

Anne,

Great to hear about your cruise...we're extremely jealous but happy for you both.Have a great time and let us know all about it when you return.

spaceguy,

I know what you mean by Princess' rather clinical responses.I mailed them 2 letters just prior to our January sailing certified mail and I received two pretty typical "form" letters which didn't even touch upon my concerns.No worries as it turned out because everything was wonderful but I remember you having difficulties with your special diet.

m steve,

I'm not sure what to make of your comment.There were many happy campers on the Sun since we sailed her and there continue to be to this day.Our cruise (except for some rough seas and me getting a cold)was fantastic and I would surely return to the Sun or any of her Sun-class sisters without delay!Every cruiseship has some concerns but it is fact that the Sun is in remarkable shape for a 10-year old vessel that has seen hundreds of thousands of guests.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread.It is also one of my favorites and usually is one of my first stops when I turn my computer on in the morning.:rolleyes:

m Steve -- I am not sure either what you mean about so many unhappy Sun cruisers. If you have read through the posts on this thread, most everyone was very happy with their experience on the Sun. We had a great cruise in January and would gladly sail the Sun again at any time.

Anne -- have a great cruise in the Baltics. Hope all is well with your family and Amanda's graduation this spring.

HI.. I haven't posted in a long time.. but again we very much enjoyed sailing the Sun on the Jan. 28 cruise!

Just wanted to say.. Anne & Andy.. have a great Baltic cruise! We have to wait until November to cruise again.. this time our first on HAL on the Oosterdam out of San Diego... in the meantime though we are taking an 18 day land tour of China in September. Can't seem to get rid of that travel bug!!

All the best!

Cheri & David:)

:confused: A question for those of you onboard currently.....can the Sun transfer my digital photos onto CD's? I have to be really sure of this. I'm sailing August 1st.

First post - have enjoyed reading so many varied opinions, so I figure I would finally post after 2 years. We (my wife and I) were on the May 16 southbound Sun Princess cruise in Alaska. Only disappointment really was Trevor Bradford (the CD) since we enjoyed Dan so much the year before. I heard from some of the crew that Dan is on the Tahitian Priness, but wasn't feeling the love out there.

Hope I can contribute my Sun Princess experiences.

JDHinOhio

Thanks for keeping this post alive. We won't be on the Sun til April 17,2006. If anyone will be traveling on this date we have a roll call going on right now-hope to see some more sign up...

:confused: A question for those of you onboard currently.....can the Sun transfer my digital photos onto CD's? I have to be really sure of this. I'm sailing August 1st.

Len3,

Almost 100% sure that this is a service Princess provides...I'm sure someone here will have the correct answer.

JDHOhio,

Thanks for joining in.How was the cruise otherwise?Was this your 2nd Sun cruise or were you on another Princess ship last year?Dan was the CD on our 1/28 sailing and everyone thought he was pretty funny.His family was with him and I'm pretty sure he left the ship when we got off on 2/7.He seemed to be soaking in all the sun he could on our last day in Princess Cays.

Trlbnd1,

I wouldn't place any bets against this thread still being alive when you sail next April!:rolleyes: Check back in again soon and please feel free to ask any questions you may have...there are many experienced Sun cruisers here.

It's kinda fun to talk about your upcoming cruise everyday,isn't it?;)

cruiserforlife: It sure is fun checking in on the Sun and planning our cruise. I do have a question that came up on our roll call. Does Princess offer a CC'ers a meeting place for a gathering such as RCL does? Or does CC'ers just set up a meeting place themselves?

Thanks for the response....

Hello fellow cruisers

We leave in less than two weeks and are very excited to experience Alaska aboard the Sun. I was just wondering if anyone on board this week can tell us if they still are experiencing any of the virus or any code reds? Thanks to all who keep my anticipation rising. I will try to at least post once from the ship just to actually be LIVE FROM THE SUN.

cruiserforlife: It sure is fun checking in on the Sun and planning our cruise. I do have a question that came up on our roll call. Does Princess offer a CC'ers a meeting place for a gathering such as RCL does? Or does CC'ers just set up a meeting place themselves?

Thanks for the response....

Trlbnd1,

No,Princess doesn't have an organized meeting for CC'ers like RCL does.

We were on the NOS in Sept. of 2003 and had a really fun meeting with 25+ CC'ers.You'll just have to plan your own...I would suggest the Riveria Bar before sailaway like Host Anne arranged for us...it is the perfect venue!;)

Have a great cruise and please keep us posted...

Hello fellow cruisers

We leave in less than two weeks and are very excited to experience Alaska aboard the Sun. I was just wondering if anyone on board this week can tell us if they still are experiencing any of the virus or any code reds? Thanks to all who keep my anticipation rising. I will try to at least post once from the ship just to actually be LIVE FROM THE SUN.

Look forward to hearing from you...."LIVE FROM THE SUN"!:D

Wow I cannot belive this thread is still going strong! My DH and I were on the Feb27- March 9th sailing. We just loved the Sun P. We had Gavin as our CD on that sailing.

I liked Gavin he was a funny guy and very friendly! We met alot of nice people and enjoyed the music especially Glen on the piano. I wonder if he is still there now? anyone know? We also met a nice waiter in the Pizzaria who had his wife and baby with him. He was so sweet. I liked the dining room food much better than buffet. We had PC dining and meet alot of people that way too, this was our 3rd Princess cruise too and one of my favorites! I the Sun was in good shape for its age. I also did the Grand P and loved the bigger ships. I would go on the Sun again anytime! I loved the islands we went too also especially

St Lucia! loved the catamaran trip we took it was such a beautiful island! ok I just had to put my two cents in this time again. I did post awhile back and noticed this is still active! I guess i am trying to keep it alive too! Linda

Linda,

You were on about a month after we got off,I remember you posting then.

All those points you just brought up about your cruise are things I remember too,almost in ways like it was yesterday!;)

Who knows...maybe we can keep this rolling till next Caribbean season and then maybe I'll just have to book the Sun so that I too can post....

..."LIVE FROM THE SUN!!!":D

Weare on the Sun as we speak. we were told as we left Glacier Bay that we would be arriving in Skagway 5 hours late. We were told "operational procedure", not sure what that means. Has anyone heard of any issue with the Sun? we arrived on time today in Juneau. we were traveling slow in our opinion, is that normal thru the inside passage?

Thanks

Archived