Summer 2011 Brochure

You're just greedy Berwyn you've not been on this one yet:)

I can say that cos we're the same:D

Mary

That's true Mary, Now we've had the taste for it can't get enough.:D

With Dw wanting to go to Mexico in Sept. it'll have to be next year now.

Berwyn

Hi All

The new brochure is now out:)

The cruises do not go on sale though until the 29th.

There are some free AI but unfortunately no sailings out of the UK.

Mary

Thanks Mary for the heads up. :) I'll have to wait until Monday though until I can get one now. Anything really interesting/new? Where's the Dream for the summer? I'm quite disappointed about the absence of UK sailings - so will now reluctantly have to look to other cruise lines for the northern sailings! :(

Thanks Mary for the heads up. :) I'll have to wait until Monday though until I can get one now. Anything really interesting/new? Where's the Dream for the summer? I'm quite disappointed about the absence of UK sailings - so will now reluctantly have to look to other cruise lines for the northern sailings! :(

Haven't found much new as yet. There's a Gems of the Aegean which calls at Lesbos on the Celebration.

The Dream is based in Palma doing the Med. Italy France and Spain:( Would have liked something a bit different for this as we have been to most of the places. Calling at Sete-France never heard of this port though.

The Celebration and Spirit doing similar itineries to this year and Destiny in the Med.

I'm dissapointed about no UK sailings as well.

Found an itinery I would like to do it's a 12 night one The Atlantic Sunrise starts in Tenerife round the Canaries working it's way via Gibraltar and Spain to Majorca. Unfortunately it's on the Escape which we don't want to go on again.

Right back to the book nothing getting done this afternoon.:D

Haven't found much new as yet. There's a Gems of the Aegean which calls at Lesbos on the Celebration.

The Dream is based in Palma doing the Med. Italy France and Spain:( Would have liked something a bit different for this as we have been to most of the places. Calling at Sete-France never heard of this port though.

The Celebration and Spirit doing similar itineries to this year and Destiny in the Med.

I'm dissapointed about no UK sailings as well.

Found an itinery I would like to do it's a 12 night one The Atlantic Sunrise starts in Tenerife round the Canaries working it's way via Gibraltar and Spain to Majorca. Unfortunately it's on the Escape which we don't want to go on again.

Right back to the book nothing getting done this afternoon.:D

Hmmm..........does sound a bit like more of the same. :( Like you, I'd hoped for something a bit more adventurous for the Dream as we've done most of the Med ports too. (I had thought basing her in Palma this year was just a temporary move - obviously not!) Oh well, will have to weigh up the pros and cons and see what we fancy but I had hoped it would be a bit more exciting! If there are no Norway/Iceland, Baltics or Black Sea itineraries that's quite a reduction in terms of choice. Wonder what their rationale is behind it - perhaps changing their focus? :( Thanks for getting back. :)

:eek: My local shop were supposed to be phoning me as soon as they came out. How very dare they not!! :mad:

Mary, could you please tell me if they are doing Pharoahs and the Promised Land again and if so is Haifa on the itinerary? They are doing it next April but have 2 days at Ashdod instead of 1 day at each like they have done this year - just wondering if there is anything next October?

Thanks.

Hi All

Mary

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am a newbie and just wondering what AI means?

Also, if you do book your Cruises almost a year in advance, are the prices much cheaper?

thanks Sue

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am a newbie and just wondering what AI means?

Also, if you do book your Cruises almost a year in advance, are the prices much cheaper?

thanks Sue

All Inclusive alcohol etc drinks package

Prices nett or gross of extras - eg free AI or not free AI - can go up and down

Hi All

Mary

Thomson have previously advised that there would be no UK sailings in 2011 unless they acquired an extra ship and then it would be only considered - as they have not got an extra ship this is as expected !!!

As impressed as I was with Red sea magic and Celebration I do not think Thompson cruises offer value for money. I can drive down to Southampton park the car and cruise for two weeks with P&O for just a little more than a one week fly/cruise with Thompson.........:cool:

Well there are no air fares to pay if you go from Southampton !! We've always found P and O to be expensive and not as good entertainment or such friendly staff as Thomson......tips are included on Thomson and the drinks are slightly cheaper plus they do have the more unusual itineraries which is what attracts us!

Our next two are with Celebrity which were quite a bit less than P and O (much to our surprise!)

I think its swings and roundabouts! :)

:eek: My local shop were supposed to be phoning me as soon as they came out. How very dare they not!! :mad:

Mary, could you please tell me if they are doing Pharoahs and the Promised Land again and if so is Haifa on the itinerary? They are doing it next April but have 2 days at Ashdod instead of 1 day at each like they have done this year - just wondering if there is anything next October?

Thanks.

The only one I can see is from 30 March to 13 April. It is not in Ashod for two days but has one day each same as this year. There is nothing for October on this one but there's Egypt and the Holy Land similar itinery out of Marmaris no Haifa though on Celebration free AI in October 2011.

Sue

You cannot tell with the prices you just have to hope for the best. We booked our next one well in advance, the price then went up by nearly £600:D but now we could get it £300 cheaper :eek: because we go in 6 weeks and there are still all the grades of cabins left. The biggest advantage of booking early is being able to get what you want but if your'e not bothered about which deck or even cruise you can often get good last minute deals.

Mary

Hi

I rang my TA yesterday after reading this thread and was told that they are not getting there brouchers in untill the 28/29th.:confused:

Do you know what ships are going to eastern med?

So i can at least find a deck and cabin i like.

This is my second cruise did Escape last year.

Doing Mexico this year,so now need to sort out 2011

Thanks

Gill

As impressed as I was with Red sea magic and Celebration I do not think Thompson cruises offer value for money. I can drive down to Southampton park the car and cruise for two weeks with P&O for just a little more than a one week fly/cruise with Thompson.........:cool:

I agree with you there are some very good deals at the moment on P&O £799 for 14 nights (fairly last minute departure dates). That's an excellent deal. :D

However, value over a given number of nights will also depend to an extent on what kind of cruise you prefer. 14 nights into the Med from Southampton may very well mean only 7 days in port. We prefer port-intensive itineraries and with only (usually) 2 sea days in a 14 day itinerary on Thomson - this is worth a premium to us. There is more to take into account than just number of days per £ and everyone will put a different weighting price-wise on these differences.

Hi

Thanks

Gill

Hi Gill,

Snap,

We're off to Mexico in Sept for 2 weeks, so no summer cruise for us this year.

Berwyn

Hi

I rang my TA yesterday after reading this thread and was told that they are not getting there brouchers in untill the 28/29th.:confused:

Thanks

Gill

It may be Gill that not all TAs have the brochures yet - or will work to the 29th launch date and not give them out ahead of time even if they have. Our local agent was gong to give me a ring too and I've heard nothing.

Hi

Thanks

Gill

Hi Gill

I'm turning into a TA here:D my TA phoned me Sat morning to say they had got the new brochures in and we were off like a shot.:)

The Eastern Med looks similar to this year for the Spirit, doing Pearls of Aegean and Adriatic. The Celebration doing the Aegean and Egypt and The Holy Land. New itinery Gems of Aegean doing Marmaris, Istanbul, Lesbos, Izmir, Mykanos, Rhodes, back to Marmaris.

Mary

However, value over a given number of nights will also depend to an extent on what kind of cruise you prefer. 14 nights into the Med from Southampton may very well mean only 7 days in port. We prefer port-intensive itineraries and with only (usually) 2 sea days in a 14 day itinerary on Thomson - this is worth a premium to us. There is more to take into account than just number of days per £ and everyone will put a different weighting price-wise on these differences.

Hi Kruzseeka,

I'll second you on the value of the port days and less sea days.

Last June's RCI 13 day fly cruise in the Med had 4 days at sea.

And we were going to do a i4 night Mediterranean Princess cruise from UK later this year, but it only had 7 ports of call.

Berwyn

Hi Mary

Thanks for your info.

I now have some homework to do my Thursday.

My TA is open 8 till 8 my timetable will have to be

8.00 call in for brochure on my way to work, read it in my break.

12.00 go back in my lunch with ideas so they can price it up for me.

18.00 back i go with debit card to sort it all out.

20.00 Big drink:D

Hahahaha - yes, my Thursday will probably be the same! My boss has actually changed my rota for this week so now I have Thursday as a day off - FATE?! :D

Thanks Mary for the info - evidently they haven't updated the website then as it still says 2 days at Ashdod!

Hmmm..........does sound a bit like more of the same. :( Like you, I'd hoped for something a bit more adventurous for the Dream as we've done most of the Med ports too. (I had thought basing her in Palma this year was just a temporary move - obviously not!) Oh well, will have to weigh up the pros and cons and see what we fancy but I had hoped it would be a bit more exciting! If there are no Norway/Iceland, Baltics or Black Sea itineraries that's quite a reduction in terms of choice. Wonder what their rationale is behind it - perhaps changing their focus? :( Thanks for getting back. :)

Agree - should have been more adventurous with the itineraries and ports - should have done new routes eg taking in Malta and perhaps Sousse etc - pity it is the same/similar trusted routes - Thomson will have to offer variety to help retain long standing customers seeking fresh adventures - all they have to do is introduce a couple of variation cruises and rotate them with the other " established " ones

There never was going to be any Baltics cruises in 2011 if the announcement last year from Thomson is still their school of thought

Archived