Vancouver transferring to a select downtown hotel.

LindaKE

We're thinking about taking a post cruise excursion that is for "guests transferring to Vancouver Airport with flights after 3:00pm, or transferring to a select downtown hotel". We're overnighting in Vancouver before taking the red eye flight home. Does anyone know which hotels are the "select downtown hotels"?

Thanks!

I heard elsewhere Pan Pacific was "HAL"s hotel - great location right at the Canada Place terminal, but can't confirm what their offer means for "select" hotel.

I have been making my own pre-cruise arrangements and they seem pretty easy in this town since you can take the metro (Canada Line) to the airport directly with ease and there are two great hotel choices right at both the Waterfront metro stop on the Canada Line and the ship terminal: Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront - both with east side port views of the ships coming in and out.

I took the train to Whistler on another trip to Vancouver and highly recommend this for a possible day trip. Have to laugh because on that trip I also took a Grayline city tour and the guide pointed out this new phenomenon they had in town (several years ago) Starbucks!

Have to laugh because on that trip I also took a Grayline city tour and the guide pointed out this new phenomenon they had in town (several years ago) Starbucks!

Odd, Starbucks has been in Vancouver for over twenty years.

both the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont are fine hotels.

What sounds great about the Fairmont is you enter directly from the Canada Line Waterfront station coming in from the airport. And apparently, they arrange to get your bags to Canada Place cruise terminal. Looks like it is going to be a very stress free start to the trip with the bonus of waking up to the view of the ship coming into port.

Archived