Coming to X from RCI...several questions

39august

Am I correct that the open (outside) deck that you can walk on is deck 4? I see on the deck plans a running track on a high deck. Not interested in that, just a good place to walk. Does Celebrity no longer require life jackets at muster drill? Can someone please advise what brand of "champagne" is complimentary in Concierge class cabin?

Am I correct that the open (outside) deck that you can walk on is deck 4? I see on the deck plans a running track on a high deck. Not interested in that, just a good place to walk. Does Celebrity no longer require life jackets at muster drill? Can someone please advise what brand of "champagne" is complimentary in Concierge class cabin?

Not sure about the deck for walking and it might depend as well on what ship you are sailing.

Life jackets are no longer required at the muster drill and the muster drills are done quicky and efficiently.

I do not recall the brand of champagne or sparkling wine that was given. I am not a fan of either sparkling wine or champagne. Some seemed to like it. Others used it for mimosas. I also have read on these posts that you can trade it for a comparably priced bottle of wine to your liking, which I plan to do next time!

Happy sailing!

Deck 4 on the Equinox is not a pleasent place to walk. As on all Celebrity ships, it does not go all the way around the ship and unlike other classes of X ships the view is blocked by lifeboats most of the way around. We walked on the jogging path as did many other passengers; there were many more walkers than runners.

So, there is no open deck to walk on except the running track deck? That's weird. I do NOT want to walk on the running deck. Do any walkers have a suggestion? Not treadmills. My husband won't walk on them as they upset his balance.

So, there is no open deck to walk on except the running track deck? That's weird. I do NOT want to walk on the running deck. Do any walkers have a suggestion? Not treadmills. My husband won't walk on them as they upset his balance.

The running deck is the only deck where you can walk/jog a complete loop. The other outdor decks you could only walk back and forth - they do not loop around. Any reason you do not want to walk on the jogging track? A lot of people do this. If you are concerned about crowds, there are also certainly times of day when it is less crowded.

I was not aware that you could change your bottle of champagne or sparkling wine for another bottle. I do not like the bottle that is given upon arrival in the staterooms. Anyone know?

I have not personally tried to do this, but from reading other related threads it seems hit or miss. I have seen a few people report that they were able to do this, but a couple say that they tried and were not successful. It is certainly worth an attempt if you do not like the sparkling wine (or just prefer non-sparkling wine), but just keep in mind there is a chance you will end up stuck with the bubbly.

Archived