cruising with 18 month old

Babygirl08

Our 5 year old has been on 4 cruises with us and it was pretty much no different from normal vacations...

Take a few familiar items like:

• sleeping toy
  • pillow case that she usually sleeps with
  • sippy cups
  • kid medicine (pain/neosporin/bandaids)
  • anything that can recreate bath or sleep routine
  • a few favorite books
  • a surprise (we took a MagnaDoodle once - big hit!)

Take a little bit of dish soap for the sippy cups - if she does not use regular cups yet. Remember there is only a shower, so try to get her used to these.

DON'T FORGET to pack the baby sun lotion and try a pair of shades :cool:

Have fun!

If you are flying into your embarkation port, I would pad in a day before the cruise in order to go shopping for any things you forget or decided not to take on the plane. Just remember that the ship's store may not have every size of diaper or your child's favorite snack.

Our girl's first cruise was when she was 23 months of age, but we were driving to the port. It was a short cruise (3 days) and then we were driving about 120 miles to San Diego for a few days stay there. I made a check list and included emergency supply of diapers and pullups (she was just starting potty training) for the cruise portion. Also brought a pack and play (Carnival furnished us with a similar one, but we looked at it and decided to use ours for a bed for her), an umbrella stroller, sippy cup (with dish detergent), etc.

Just takes a bit of planning. But we all had lots of fun.

Looking for some hints/advice/suggestions for cruising the Caribbean with an 18-month old. We're experienced cruisers, but this is our first with her.

I do not have any little ones anymore, but I did read suggestions about taking a small "blow up" pool. Since there aren't any bathtubs you can use it to give baths in and since children who are not potty trained can not go in the pools, you can use it up on the outside decks for them to play in too.

Sue

Archived