does the oceanview on majesty have to be SOV?

we were booked on the majesty for this summer in a deck nine superior oceanview but had to cancel:(. there is a possibility we might be able to rebook not in a SOV......but a regular oceanview. how much different is it and keep in mind we normally stay in a balcony cabin......i know these are not normal times:)

we were booked on the majesty for this summer in a deck nine superior oceanview but had to cancel:(. there is a possibility we might be able to rebook not in a SOV......but a regular oceanview. how much different is it and keep in mind we normally stay in a balcony cabin......i know these are not normal times:)

To be specific, it's a 35 square foot difference. You WILL feel every one of those square feet.

Depending on the sail date, though, there can be a HUGE difference in price. The regular OVs are really quite all right. 122 square feet sounds small (and it IS), but those are well-designed cabins with enough storage for your 3 or 4 night cruise, or even seven nights, if you are doing a B2B. Deck 8 is best, IMO.

If the choice is doing a reg. OV or not going..I'd do the regular...as john henry said the Cat. I OV on deck 8 are really in a great location...we had 3 people in one of them on the Sovereign..and 2 of the 3 were xtra large size..and we did fine..if you can swing the SOV all well & good..but if not..for a short cruise the other will be fine...

We stayed twice in a regular OV on deck 7 for three and four day cruises. It was kind of small, but for a shorty cruise it was OK. Once was Monarch and the other was Majesty. These two shorty cruise ships give you soooo very much to do, that you don't spend much time in your cabin. We always compare the price difference, and go from there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived