Alaska Cruise Tours

My husband and I took a cruise to Alaska on Celebrity Infinity in 2001 but want to go back next summer because we didn't do an Alaskan land package with it.

We are thinking about trying Regent Navigator for this cruise because we have heard so many good things about Regent from our friends.

I read that Navigator was renovated in December 2009. Does this make it look like a much newer ship than it is?

The Navigator isn't that old:eek: I believe she was built in 1998 or 1999. A lot of the work that was done in drydock was not cosmetic as she was already beautiful. We sailed on the Navigator last year and will again next month. From the photographs we have seen, she has more modern furnishings and does probably look "new". In this case though,the beauty is not only on the surface-- a lot of work was done on the plumbing, electrical, water tanks, etc.

You should give Regent a try. . . . the only negative is that you may not want to go back to Celebrity.:)

The Navigator isn't that old:eek: I believe she was built in 1998 or 1999. A lot of the work that was done in drydock was not cosmetic as she was already beautiful. We sailed on the Navigator last year and will again next month. From the photographs we have seen, she has more modern furnishings and does probably look "new". In this case though,the beauty is not only on the surface-- a lot of work was done on the plumbing, electrical, water tanks, etc.

You should give Regent a try. . . . the only negative is that you may not want to go back to Celebrity.:)

Thank you, Travelcat, for your helpful response :)

Archived