Family Interior Stateroom

I haven't stayed in one but I did tour them - and they are very compact.

The bunks have their own little closet right next to them, and a curtain to separate them from the room.

My favourite Family type stateroom was the ocean view Family Cabin - right at the front of the ship, with a huge window, which was on a sloping wall, so you got a lot of extra space in the cabin (albeit at an angle) and it was very bright and open. It would be great with little kids as you could put a playpen or toys where the sloping wall makes it too short for an adult to stand.:)

Thanks NJBill for letting me know it gives me an idea on what to expect when the October 2012 dates are released.

We did book about a year and half ahead of time as soon as the sailing was open,as it is generally less expensive the earlier that you book.

Thanks NJBill for letting me know it gives me an idea on what to expect when the October 2012 dates are released.

LOL, I thought I was bad. I just booked today for July 21, 2012.

Although I booked a D1 on Deck 7, my sister may come with her family (of 5) and this may be the best option for them, unless perhaps two inside rooms may give them more room.

They (or I) will have to price it out I guess.

We are planners and we seem to keep planning further and further ahead. We booked the Disney Dream almost 2 years from when we sail (Oct 2011) and I think we may out due ourselves this time and have the Allure or Oasis booked way before the 2 year mark, we will see.

Please do let me know Eileen226 how the room works out.

Thanks everyone!

We have the Family Balcony room on deck 7 for the 5/22 sailing for four adults. I'll let you know how it works out!

Hi Eileen, we have a family balcony stateroom # 7330 on the December 4th sailing. I hope you have the same one for your cruise as I am dying to hear what it is like. We are travelling with two sons 19 and 16 and are toying with two rooms instead. Let us know what you think and happy sailing.

• 2 months later...
We have the Family Balcony room on deck 7 for the 5/22 sailing for four adults. I'll let you know how it works out!

Hi there. I have an e-mail in to my TA to bump us up from our D1 to a family balcony on deck 7 (7330), but now I'm second guessing myself. I think the cabin would be great for all of the extra space that we could use to accommodate our DD's stroller, car seat, etc., but I'm worried about noise, etc. from the rock walk and Aqua Theater. Any info you'd care to share would be highly appreciated!:)

Archived