Standard bedding in balcony cabins?

NHsnowpup

First timer. Background: DH has allergies to some detergents and we usually don't use regular flat top sheets at home--flannel, vellux, microfleece is the norm. Often in travelling we bring our own pillows, but not looking to drag them around for 14 days.

Questions--What is the usual bedding/linen setup? i.e. Blanket material, comforter material, detergent smell, is there a blanket or do you have to ask?

--Can you request a clean blanket if you are using it as your top sheet, and don't trust the original one?

--Pillows, do they tend to be poofy or flatter, any choices?

--And for Alaska, do they still have the blanket/wraps for checking out for the balcony and glacier days?

Thanks so much!

Princess uses a duvet for the top cover, and during the day, a bedspread is put on.

One can request a flat sheet be put under the duvet (I do this because I usually find the duvet to be too warm.).

I find the pillows too soft and pouffy for my taste, but I choose not to drag my favored pillow when I travel.

I have never asked for a blanket for the bed, but I'm sure one can do so. And I'm sure the steward would give you another clean one, should you feel you need one.

I have never noticed any detergent odor to the bed linens.

If you were to notify the steward that DH has allergies to detergents, I would imagine that, like hospitals, the ship's laundry may be able to provide linens that are washed with hypoallergenic detergent. However, you might be able to get that info from Princess if you gave them a call. Or you might try putting the detergent allergy in the Personalizer, so they could be prepared to provide specially laundered linens for you.

Archived