RCI Video Available?

Yvonne

I have a DVD of the Disney ships and would LOVE one (or even a video) of RCI too (that shows the Voyager class ships). Does anyone know how to go about getting one? I've looked on the web site but don't see anywhere that I can order one.

I can't help you out with the video information, but the Travel Channel has a 1 hour show about the Voyager of the Seas that they show pretty regularly. In fact, I just caught a rerun of it last week. If you search the Travel Channel's website for Voyager of the Seas, you should be able to find the show dates. They also have shows about the Radiance and the Adventure, I think.

Yvonne,

If you know anyone locally who is going, or has been on a Voyager class ship, they may have the DVD/Video that you could borrow (or ask them to buy). It is sold on all Voyger Class ships and is available on VHS and DVD. It is a 3 segement documentary on the design, build, and ultimately the inaugural sailing of the Voyager of the Seas-- known at the time as Project Eagle. It is a really good presentation; far better than the 1 hour program on the Discovery Channel.

You may also check EBay. It would not surprise me at all if someone has one for sale.

Another thought, is contact RCCL direct regarding there merchandise for sale. I think they have a link on their website.

Check with your travel agent.

Also, Cruise Travel magazine usually has advertisements for various cruiseline videos. I think the company was called "Vacations on Video".

If you know anyone who has sailed on a Voyager class ship ask if they bought the video of their cruise and if so, if you can borrow it. Some of the videos that travel agents have are little more than lengthy commercials, while the videos of individual cruises usually give you a better idea of the cruise experience. They also usually contain stock footage which shows all of the public rooms and even shots of the engine room and the bridge.

Good luck

We purchased the Navigator of the Seas from the ship. Each one is numbered

according to the cruise number. Some of the people who were with us actually

got on the video. You can purchase them on board for $29.95 or call them.

I had a defective dvd when I got home, got the number from RCI and the

private company immediately replaced it.

Last year I was on NOS and considered purchasing the 3 dvd.video set called "Building the Largest Cruise ship: The Voayager of the Seas." The cost was about $20. They show the series produced by the Discovery Network several times during the cruise. Saddly I did not buy it. :( The series is ONLY available onboard. If you contact your TA or RCCL they will direct you to a company in Colorado that prepares a 20 minute sales presentation but it is not the aforementioned series.

The video mentioend by one person is the onboard travelogue and not that worthwhile unless you have been following the cruise director around the entire cruise.

I keep checking ebay... They had one yesterday but in PAL format therefore not compatable with U.S. electronics.:(

In summary. Find someone that is going on a Voyager class cruise and have them pick one up for you.:)

My travel agent ordered one for me and I received it yesterday. It's on the voyager class ships. Came from Eastern videos in Miami florida. Hope that helps. It's a short video but showed so much of the ship, cabins, restaurants, rock wall, ice rink, theatre, pools , etc.....

I have a DVD of the Disney ships and would LOVE one (or even a video) of RCI too (that shows the Voyager class ships). Does anyone know how to go about getting one? I've looked on the web site but don't see anywhere that I can order one.

People seem to be talking about a number of different kinds of videos here...

There is a VHS box set or DVD that you can buy on the ships about the building of the VOYAGER class ships. It's an excellent documentary about the design and construction of the ships.

There is ALSO a VHS or DVD that can be bought from the photo shop on each cruise that is specific to the events and ports of that cruise with the passengers on that actual cruise and it also includes a ship tour with a behind the scenes tour.

There are ALSO travel agent type promotional videos that introduce the various classes of ships to newbies. These are usually rather short and available at your TA's office to watch. There is also a company that advertises in Cruise Travel Magazine, among others, that sells them.

Archived