Bus To Manhatten Terminal

sealady1

I posted this question on the East Coast Departures board but haven't received any replies so I am posting it here. I hope someone out there can help me.My DH and I are taking the HAL sponsored bus to the port for our upcoming cruise on the morning of embarkation. Has anyone taken this bus before and, if so, how was the trip? Did you encounter any problems such as delays,etc...? I know I am going against the grain by travelling to the port on the day of embarkation but I assume since this bus is sponsored by HAL, if there were a problem (perish the thought), the ship would wait for us. Should I stop wasting energy worrying about this needlessly?:eek:

We took the HAL sponsored bus from South Station in Boston to NY when we sailed the Noordam to the Caribbean. Although it was a few years ago, the Home Port bus option was totally hassle free. I would highly recommend it. We tried NCL out of NYC a couple years ago and they did not provide cruise line sponsored bus transportation but recommended a local company. It worked out OK but I didn't have the same sense of security I did with the HAL program.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm very interested in this too...I didn't realisze HAL had a bus to the port...we are coming from the Philadelphia area to the Manhattan Pier. Where can I go to find out if they have one coming from my direction?

You can get the information and book through your travel agent. There are a number of people on this board who have utilized this service.

I took the bus from/to Providence to the Noordam in NYC twice. It was reliable and hassle-free both times. Each driver took a different route, depending on traffic conditions.

The hardest part was getting to the bus station so early in the morning. After that was smooth sailing.

Thank you everyone for replying and taking away my fears. Ruth, I was glad to read that you have taken this bus twice without a problem. Limeygirl, I booked the bus through my TA and it showed up on my itinerary included with my cruise docs. I suppose, if you didn't use a TA, you could book it directly through HAL.

Does anyone have a list of the cities serviced by the Home Port buses? We've been looking at taking Via/Amtrak to NY and wonder if it might not be simpler to go to a Home Port city instead.

Does anyone have a list of the cities serviced by the Home Port buses? We've been looking at taking Via/Amtrak to NY and wonder if it might not be simpler to go to a Home Port city instead.

The web address for the City Bus is:

http://www.enttours.com

Just click on cruise transportation for a list of terminals and cities served.

Archived