Public Beaches

LaShelle2

Are there any beaches in St Lucia where yoi can just get a cab and hang out on your own without doing a tour?

many years ago we asked taxi driver and if I recall info he said something about it being old navy base area that was now a hotel and beach. Looking back at my photos I think it was Rex Beach & resort (we just got driven there and basically cut through lobby-the concierge called and got a taxi back) and then it is public beach -Reduit Beach. We are planning that again this cruise. No info on taxi rate yet.

Think you'll find that, by law, all/most beaches on the islands are free and public.

Only way around that legally is to buy up all the landside property completely surrounding the bay/beach

so no public access from the land side can be made

..but even then, if a person decides to use that beach via a seaward approach, using a boat,

the beach is his to use (in Barbados the technicality is "up to the hi-water mark")

found this on a St. Lucia site

Finding a Taxi in St Lucia is easy. Please decide the fare with the driver before the trip starts to avoid further problems. You may even negotiate a Full Island Tour is the price is right.

We will try this, because with 6 of us traveling, the tours are way too costly!

• 2 months later...
many years ago we asked taxi driver and if I recall info he said something about it being old navy base area that was now a hotel and beach. Looking back at my photos I think it was Rex Beach & resort (we just got driven there and basically cut through lobby-the concierge called and got a taxi back) and then it is public beach -Reduit Beach. We are planning that again this cruise. No info on taxi rate yet.

It's the Royal Rex Resort

Archived