Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona help

clamar

We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise at this Hilton which is located in the financial district ( address- Passeig del Taulat 08019) and are using HH points. Could someone tell us the approximate cab fare from the airport to the hotel and cab fare from the hotel to the port. Also, any opions on this hotel would be appreciated. :o

Thank you

Claire:)

Hi Claire,

My DH, DS and I are also staying at the Hilton on points (Diamond - love using those points for free stays) post cruise in October. Staying at the Le Meredian (Starwood on points) pre cruise. I have been doing searches and keeping a word doc with helpful information. Based on the information I obtained, I think we are going to cab it to hotel pre-cruise from the airport and then post cruise from Hilton to the airport as well. However, see below transcripts from my past searches on this port board. Hope you find it useful and Enjoy your Cruise! :)

"We are staying at the Hilton Diagonal del Mar before our cruise in September (using our HHonors points). I inquired when making our reservation about whether they had a shuttle to/from the airport. The answer was that they did not have a shuttle. We plan to take a cab, which the hotel said would cost about 25-30 euro.

The hotel is next to the Diagonal shopping centre, which in turn is served by the El Maresme-Forum L4 metro station. So, in theory, you could take the R2 train from the airport to the Estacio de Franca*, transfer to the L4 metro Barcelloneta station here, and go six more stops (direction La Pau) to El Maresme-Forum.

I say in theory, because that is still a lot of schlepping of luggage and you have to be mindful of your belongings. But it would be the very cheapest way if you are intent on public transport, at 0.785€ pp using a shared T-10 card.

*You have to check also that the train still does terminate at Estacio de Franca. Construction has rerouted the stops in the recent past. Otherwise you may have to change metro lines as well.

Since it sounds like it is your first time in Barcelona, my advice is to take a taxi."

From another person:

"We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar after our Med cruise last year. This hotel is mainly a business/convention hotel across the street from a huge shopping mall. It does not have much charm and looks like any big city large hotel for business purposes. It was fine, just not geared toward vacationers (maybe the let-down after a wonderful cruise and magical pre-cruise hotel in Venice spoiled me). Next time we are in Barcelona will be in 2011 and we will choose another hotel in an area with more tourist appeal. Good luck."

thanks for the info. We usually take a cab from/to the airport since we are tired, etc. etc. I knew that the hotel was a business class hotel but since we have the points I thought we can survive for a day or two. Last year we stayed at the Hilton in Copenhagen and although it too was a business hotel we enjoyed it very much. I especially enjoy the drinks and light snacks in the evening.

Claire:)

I agree with you especially when you are getting a great hotel for free and y with the free drinks and light aps in the pm and free breakfast in the am! Love those points! Might as well just take a cab for the convenience especially when tired after such a long flight.

What month are you going? We will be there in October so I would be interested in any feedback you might have if going in before us?

I haven't stayed at the Hilton but we did stay two blocks from the Hilton next to the shopping center. A taxi from the airport for two people with luggage should run 26 to 30 Euros. Not a bad price and the cab drivers in Barcelona are great. If you are a beach person its about a fifteen minute walk to the beach. Great side walk cafes selling Sangia by the pitcher. Can't wait to return to Barcelona. I hope this information is helpful. Tim

Dear friends:

For those of you who have an opportunity to stay at the Hilton Diagonal Mar because of your Hilton points, I would say go for it.

But please bear in mind that it is in an area of Barcelona that didn't exist until about ten years ago. That entire area (offices, hotel, shopping mall, apartments, etc.) sprung up from nowhere during the intense real estate boom here in Spain in the late 1990's and 2000's.

The touristic points of interest will be somewhat far, although easily accessible by metro, taxi, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

We have stayed in barcelona from time to time and prefer a slightly out of centre hotel because it is generally quieter. Much as I adore Spain they do keep the most unsocial hours and are very very noisy, I don't think you'd get any sleep in a hotel on the Rambla, so for us a couple of stops on the metro is worth the hassle to ensure a good night's sleep. Diagonal is a relatively new district as far as hotels are concerned and most of the bars etc are, CruisinGerman says, some way away. (I was in Barcelona yesterday for the Feria d'Abril and as we were leaving to come home at 3am, hoards of people were still arriving at the Feria showground)

• 4 weeks later...
We will be at this hotel on Sept 10 & 11. Will give feed-back prior to your cruise.

Claire:):)

We will be staying at this hotel on the same dates. Are you sailing on the Voyager of Seas?

:pWe are sailing on HAL's Niew Amsterdam which docks in Barcelona on Sunday Sept 12. We arrive in Barcelona on Friday morning Sept 10. Hope to do some sightseeing on Sept 10 and Sept 11 and expect to board Sunday around noon.

Claire :)

We will be staying at this hotel on the same dates. Are you sailing on the Voyager of Seas?

Balemap,

We are also considering staying there with HH Points (not sure if I will have enough so we are waiting to see). We are on the Voyager too :-)

Archived