Muster Drill

Hello

It will be our friend's first cruise and they saw all of our past cruise photo's with the life jackets...They wanted to have one life jacket photo during the muster drill and are wondering if it's ok to use it (life jackets) or everybody will send them strange looks:D?

Thank you

We are in the aft cabins of deck 9 of the EOS.....does anyone know where the drill is that we do as we go to sea and is it true you dont have to wear the orange life jackets for the drill now...

The location of your life boat (and therefore where you go for the drill) is posted on the inside of your cabin door. It also show how to get to the life boat location.

Hello

It will be our friend's first cruise and they saw all of our past cruise photo's with the life jackets...They wanted to have one life jacket photo during the muster drill and are wondering if it's ok to use it (life jackets) or everybody will send them strange looks:D?

Thank you

My guess is that they will get stopped on the way to the muster station and told to take the jackets back to the cabin. They do have a jacket at the station and the crew member shows how they work, might be able to borrow that one for a picture or two.

My guess is that they will get stopped on the way to the muster station and told to take the jackets back to the cabin. They do have a jacket at the station and the crew member shows how they work, might be able to borrow that one for a picture or two.

ohhhhh...:o I know this sounds sily for the ones who cruise alot, but it will be their first time and they always say how fun it is everybody with life jackets :D Thank you!We'll keep our jackets in our cabin;)

Nor sure where you have to go, BUT it is true that you no longer have to wear the vest.

Interesting...we haven't sailed on RCCL since 2008, so this must be a fairly recent development. I'd be curious as to why the change? Perhaps someone tripped over the loose straps walking down the stairs and lawyered up? :eek:

funny how on our first cruise putting on the life jackets and going to muster was somehow fun with photo moments. now i hate going except that i know we are about to sail.

So you know what I mean...it's (it was) like a classic moment aboard:o

It is new that you don't need to take the life jackers. When we were aft on Explorer our muster station was the Maharaja's lounge. I know, weird place.

We were on the April 10 sailing of Explorer and our muster station was in the deck 4 dining room. We joked that our life boat would be a gravy boat.

Or during the week just take them down & get a picture, sure it wont be during the "muster drill" but would be the same background....

Archived