Zorbing In Vila

robinph

Hi, just wondering if there is anyone on here that has done the zorbing in Vila independent to the cruise ships tour. We are going to Vila in August and our daughters would like to do this. am interested to know where abouts it is located and the cost and what the cost includes, or are they better off doing it through the ships tours at a cost of $79p/p. thanks Robin:)

Hi, just wondering if there is anyone on here that has done the zorbing in Vila independent to the cruise ships tour. We are going to Vila in August and our daughters would like to do this. am interested to know where abouts it is located and the cost and what the cost includes, or are they better off doing it through the ships tours at a cost of $79p/p. thanks Robin:)

Cant shine much light on it for you, but let me give you an idea, most ship tours can be anywhere from 50 to 200% percent more than what you can get it for onshore. My suggestion is ditch the ships tour and do it yourself :)

Hi there,

I did Zorbing on a cruise I went on in January. I enquired through the company themselves and it was 5900 vatu (can't remember how much that is in AU $) I don't think it was much different (maybe $10) than P&O were charging so we booked through P&O.

I'm not too sure if the company can book independent tours on the day P&O has booked as the P&O tours for zorbing are often booked out which I am guessing would mean the company wouldn't have any other spots available.

I would definately recommend it either way, it was great fun!

I hope that all makes sense, I rambled a bit. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

Hi there,

I did Zorbing on a cruise I went on in January. I enquired through the company themselves and it was 5900 vatu (can't remember how much that is in AU $) I don't think it was much different (maybe $10) than P&O were charging so we booked through P&O.

I'm not too sure if the company can book independent tours on the day P&O has booked as the P&O tours for zorbing are often booked out which I am guessing would mean the company wouldn't have any other spots available.

I would definately recommend it either way, it was great fun!

I hope that all makes sense, I rambled a bit. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

Thanks for that, if there is not much difference they may as well go through P&O and guarantee themselves a spot. I could not find much independent info on this did you have an email or phone number for the company that runs it and also how far is it from the wharf? thanks Robin:)

Hi

I have also done the Zorbing tour through P&O. I did research an independent company before booking and like the other poster found it to be a similar price to P&O. If you are keen book it online now as there is only 2 tours with 12 people on each tour and it fills up fast :).

I'm stumped. :o What's the Zorbing tour?

Cheers,

Anna

You get inside a big plastic ball, have cold water thrown over you, then they push you down a hill while you are inside! Fun, if you haven't got a bad back! :D

You get inside a big plastic ball, have cold water thrown over you, then they push you down a hill while you are inside! Fun, if you haven't got a bad back! :D

LOL Sandy, i am just imagining Anna`s reaction at your description hehe..Although its spot on, for anyone that hasnt heard what it is, it would be like `*****` ...i like to tell people, its like a big ball of bubble wrap that you climb in the middle of and get harnessed in, then pushed down a hill

Zorb%20Triple%20Hydro.jpg

We didn't get harnessed in at the Vila one. Very fun!!

I'm not too sure how far it is from the wharf, from memory, maybe a 15 minute ride in their van. If you post your email I can send you the email the company sent me if you like? I'll try and do it some time today, I am not on here too often during the day though as I am 'supposed' to be working:p

LOL Sandy, i am just imagining Anna`s reaction at your description hehe..Although its spot on, for anyone that hasnt heard what it is, it would be like `*****` ...i like to tell people, its like a big ball of bubble wrap that you climb in the middle of and get harnessed in, then pushed down a hill

Zorb%20Triple%20Hydro.jpg

That's a great photo Jas! I don't think they harness you in Vila. I asked about it and you don't actually go round and round because of the water, but you do slip and slide and bump a bit.

OMG I'm expressive this morning, aren't I??? Such an elegant turn of phrase, hmmm...? Wonderful use of all the descriptive phrases in the English language, NOT! :D:D

We didn't get harnessed in at the Vila one. Very fun!!

I'm not too sure how far it is from the wharf, from memory, maybe a 15 minute ride in their van. If you post your email I can send you the email the company sent me if you like? I'll try and do it some time today, I am not on here too often during the day though as I am 'supposed' to be working:p

Thanks for that hungryhippo,would just like to research it myself before deciding which way to go, it looks like great fun,but don't know if my poor old back would stand up to it,but i'm sure the young ones will have a ball, litterally!my email is robinfred@tadaust.org.au. Robin:)

Thanks for that hungryhippo,would just like to research it myself before deciding which way to go, it looks like great fun,but don't know if my poor old back would stand up to it,but i'm sure the young ones will have a ball, litterally!my email is robinfred@tadaust.org.au. Robin:)

Robin - I will send the email now. Apologies for the delay, I keep forgetting to check Cruise Critic!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

We're going to Vila in October and I know that this is something that my teenage daughters would love to do (she's been wanting me to take her to New Zealand because this is where she's seen it advertised). Do you know if there's an age limit as I also have a 9 and 11 year old who would also enjoy it. Hungryhippo could you also email me the details. My email address is debbie.inglis@leighton.com.au

Thanks heaps.

Archived