Blue Lagoon Beach Day, Nassau

maryivo

Hello fellow CC's, my family and I are on the Jewel June 19th out of NYC. One of the excursions we are considering is Blue Lagoon, but just for the beach day as my kids are too young to swim w/ the dolphins. They are only 4 and 6. Can anyone who has done this beach day tell me how it compares to some of the beach options in Nassau like the Hilton, or Atlantis? I've heard Atlantis is overrated and they don't treat you well there? Thoughts?

Also- calling all moms....I'm in need of reaasurrance regarding the safety of the kids clubs / railings/ etc.... I'm a bit of a worry-wort mama and I can't completely relax about this whole thing. We're super excited, but my little inner voice is giving me grief about safety? Am I being over-reactive? I know I probably am, but I can't help it! Any words of "mom (or dad) wisdom" would be appreciated! Mary

Blue Lagoon was great! Beautiful island to spend the day on.

We had a delicious buffet also. I don't remember there being

anything special for children but it has been a while since we

visited. They were filming a commercial the day we were there

and it was "very interesting" to watch.

We did the "Blue Lagoon Beach Day" excursion last year. Best day of the whole week. I am NOT a beach person by any means but I truly LOVED this beach. I mean I haven't been to an "ugly" Caribbean beach yet, but this one was truly beautiful. I liked the fact that it really wasn't busy at all. If I had to guess, it seemed to be under 100 people there. Seriously. Didn't see much in the way of colorful sealife but it was still great!!!

They did also have a lunch that was included. The food was pretty good too. Hamburger or hot dog or chicken sandwich with chips, fruit punch and maybe a cookie? I don't really remember. But it was yummy and hit the spot.

When we got off the ship we had to take a bus/taxi over to the boat ferry, then waited around for a bit for the next ferry. Then it was about a 15-20 minute ferry ride over to the beach. Nice relaxing ride, got to see some beautiful houses along the way. The kids will be able to see some dolphins/sea lions, etc on the way walking to the beach.

Here's my "mommy" wisdom.....when we took our first cruise, my boys were 9 & 10. I was so worried about the railings and everything. But with your kids being 4 & 5, you'll have an eye on them all the time anyways, so you won't have a problem. If I remember correctly, the railings have some plexiglass stuff around them so you can't actually slip through them. Do sign them up for the kids club though. They will love it. My boys now are 13 & 14, so they're basically on their own now. They're able to walk around by themselves (as long as they behave themselves), can sign themselves out of the clubs if they want. So go....and don't worry....you'll have a blast!!!

We LOVED the Blue Lagoon Day. There is a big area of shallow water that would be great for your little ones.

I was nervous about the balcony when we started cruising with my son, when he was 6. He is both very active, and a climber. We made a very strict rule that he could only be on the balcony if one of us (adults) was out there. Once we were on the balcony, absolutely no climbing on chairs or he would have to go inside. It worked very well.

The kids' club is fantastic. I'm sure both will enjoy it. I think, please check, that they might be in different age groups though. I believe it is 3-5 and 6-8. They may let your older one visit at the beginning to get the younger one comfortable. Check out the family cruising boards, it is filled with helpful information.

we had a SURPRISE visit to NASSAU in January...took a little city tour got a little taste of ATLANTIS...and ended up at JUNKANOO BEACH:(

our dec sailing takes us back to Nassau and we so WANTED to do ATLANTIS but very $$$ our next choice was BLUE LAGOON...but CLOSED when we will be there SUNDAY...HOPE ALL you going will have a WONDERFUL time:)

Archived