instead of checking Past Guest..

Tiffanyiris

i did a search again on Carnival for my cruise's rates and holy smokes they went up! i havent gotten an email back from Carnival about my recent ES claim, but hopefully today i'll hear something. im so anxious!!

Post the Results? If they deny it, can you post the text of their response?

what was the lower fare you saw for your cabin?

good Luck, Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Wrong. You can only claim ES if you are eligible for that rate.

I hope to settle this for all of you, although I'm sure I won't. I claimed a senior, state rate from a state I don't live in and got OBC with ES. I checked in, the OBC was there. I struck up a conversation with one of the girls at the Guest Services desk who used to work at the land based offices of Carnival processing ES requests. This is what she told me:

If you book a senior rate AT THE TIME OF YOUR ORIGINAL BOOKING and your not a senior, you would have to pay the difference. BUT if you book Early Saver, any lower price you see, even if it is a senior rate or a special from another state, you can make a claim and get a credit. ANY advertised rate for your cabin catagory and your sail date is fair game.

She did say that not everyone who processes claims is always on the same page, so that is what probably spawns some of the confusion.

I enjoyed my OBC, and thought of all you fine folks as I drank my cocktails:)

I hope to settle this for all of you, although I'm sure I won't. I claimed a senior, state rate from a state I don't live in and got OBC with ES. I checked in, the OBC was there. I struck up a conversation with one of the girls at the Guest Services desk who used to work at the land based offices of Carnival processing ES requests. This is what she told me:

If you book a senior rate AT THE TIME OF YOUR ORIGINAL BOOKING and your not a senior, you would have to pay the difference. BUT if you book Early Saver, any lower price you see, even if it is a senior rate or a special from another state, you can make a claim and get a credit. ANY advertised rate for your cabin catagory and your sail date is fair game.

She did say that not everyone who processes claims is always on the same page, so that is what probably spawns some of the confusion.

I enjoyed my OBC, and thought of all you fine folks as I drank my cocktails:)

Whoever explained this to you, and whoever processed a "false" claim, were all unquestionably misinformed - the ES Terms & Conditions specifically state that you get price drops only for rates that you're eligible for.

If you got a break, GOOD FOR YOU and no harm in enjoying (free) cocktails, but the rules you quote are incorrect.

ken

Whoever explained this to you, and whoever processed a "false" claim, were all unquestionably misinformed - the ES Terms & Conditions specifically state that you get price drops only for rates that you're eligible for.

If you got a break, GOOD FOR YOU and no harm in enjoying (free) cocktails, but the rules you quote are incorrect.

ken

Thanks for the info, at least you didn't quote the bylaws from carnival.com. I am mearly giving my experiences up to date and converstations with people who actally WORK for Carnival. But I guess they are all misinformed. This was the 3rd cruise I have booked with ES and made such claims. Hope the 4th cruise 'slips though the cracks' as the last ones have.........

Last I knew the 'resident rate' had some weird glitch in it. It would show a lower price but if you tried to book it at that price, it would jump back up to whatever the going rate it.

I had a long long long phone call with a PVP and customer service. And I was DENIED! Even though, they entered all the same info I did and got the same rate. And the info was accurate.

Soooooooo submit away but dont be surprised if it you are denied.

Last I knew the 'resident rate' had some weird glitch in it. It would show a lower price but if you tried to book it at that price, it would jump back up to whatever the going rate it.

I had a long long long phone call with a PVP and customer service. And I was DENIED! Even though, they entered all the same info I did and got the same rate. And the info was accurate.

Soooooooo submit away but dont be surprised if it you are denied.

I agee that is seems like getting denied or approved can change depending on who ends up reviewing your claim. I know one person who sumited, got denied, submited in the exact same way a few days later and got approved!

Archived