Oosterdam questions

williamson_ja

1.Do the staterooms on the Oosterdam have a curtain between the bed area and the couch? Most other cruiselines have this, but the pictures of the O didn't look like there were any privacy curtains. I hope they do. :)

2.What ages is the loft for? I have a 12 yr old that is confused as to which area she would belong in.

3. Can someone give me an idea of what activities they have going for kids on sea days? We have teens and little kids as well, so any information you have for pretty much any age of kids would be applicable.

thanks!

1.Do the staterooms on the Oosterdam have a curtain between the bed area and the couch? Most other cruiselines have this, but the pictures of the O didn't look like there were any privacy curtains. I hope they do. :)

2.What ages is the loft for? I have a 12 yr old that is confused as to which area she would belong in.

3. Can someone give me an idea of what activities they have going for kids on sea days? We have teens and little kids as well, so any information you have for pretty much any age of kids would be applicable.

thanks!

I cannot answer most of your questions definitively regarding the Oosterdam, though I was on her in May 2008. I believe some of the staterooms have the privacy curtains you are asking about, but maybe not all... I do have photos of many of the staterooms on her though and you can see for yourself that some do have the curtains: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

I can send you to the Club HAL Page I have here for more info on it. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Club-Hal-Info.html this info is the same for all th HAL ships.

Joanie

thanks!

The Cat VA-B-C-D-E-F & VH cabins DO have a small curtain in between the bed and the couch but, as you can see by the pic, if you let it out, it barely covers the "pillow area" of the bed - It does not go all the way across

Oost-Deluxe-Verandah-Ocean-View-Stateroom.jpg

The Loft kids area, age wise, starts at 13 yrs old (13-17) Check with Ships Services @ 800-541-1576 if they allow 12-yr olds in

Don't have any children so can not answer the question about the Loft and activities for children.

There are no curtains between the bed and sofa/seating area.

Just an FYI, some of the staterooms do have the curtains between the sofa and the beds. Here is one that Essiesmom took of E 1115 just this past February

E-1115_Essiesmom-1.jpg

Joanie

There is a curtain across the narrow hallway to the bathroom/closet area separating these from the rest of the cabin, meaning the couch if there is on, the vanity and the bed. The curtain is floor to ceiling length and darkening. It's nice to draw when one person is in bed and the other person is out and about. When they come "home" and open the cabin door, people in the hallway can't see into the main part of the room. Also, when one person gets up to go to the bathroom at night, because the lightswitch is outside the bathroom, there is a fair amount of light that comes out of the bathroom so the curtain helps shade the bed areas form this.

It's like this for inside and outside category rooms. I don't know about balcony rooms.

Archived