Carnival check in

rfholcom

I thought I had read somewhere that if we book our transfers through Carnival that checkin for Whittier is actually at the convention center in Anchorage. After checking you in then you would board the bus for Whittier. What if I go straight to Whittier without buying the transfers from Carnival? Can I do my check in at Whittier? We are arriving on the 17th for a cruise on the 20th. I will have an 8 and 7 year old. I do not think I can convince them to enjoy the trip to Denali so we were planning on staying in Anchorage. There is an indoor water park that they will think is cool-not very Alaskan but something they will enjoy for a few hours. I am thinking of staying in Anchorage for a day or so and then heading down to Whittier and doing the glacier tour. Any thoughts or ideas of what to do for 3 days prior to the cruise and how to check in for Carnival?

Just check in at the Whittier dock, simple. :) Request the Anchorage visitor guide http://www.anchorage.net plenty to keep you occupied, but also consider perhaps a drive to Wassila for a cheap $5 (brief) dogsled cart ride, then perhaps a tour of the Musk Oxen or raindeer in Palmer? There will be a walking tour map in the visitor guide. Look at some easy hiking- perhaps the Animal Park outside of Girdwood for close up viewing, a stop at Portage Glacier Visitor center?? Talkeetna is also worthwhile and an easy 2 hour drive, consider overnight. If just you and the 2 kids- consider a stay at the Roadhouse, shared spotless bath for 3 rooms- only consider the upstairs rooms. But a great experience for everyone with superb meals.

Archived