General Chat Thread?

Rebel Rouser

Jan? as you like your Footie, watch
and tell me that didnt bring a smile to your face ... I cried :eek:

Great clip :D but 'erm was it supposed to be basketball and not footie?:confused:

Oh yeah! ta da! Fixed my laptop fan. Took it all out and couldn't see anything in there after cleaning all the fluff out the other day. Took a chance and gave it a few good squirts of Iso into the spindle AND sorted. Quiet as a mouse, there must have been a tiny bit of grit in there.:D:D Still getting a bit hot underneath though so might look around for a cooling laptop stand. £20 in PC World and I'm not paying that!:eek:

Jan

If I said it was something else..you wouldnt have watched it :D

What a feeling though, when the crowd raced onto the Court.

Did he get out of there alive?:eek: What would you do if that lot came charging towards you, stand or run? lol:D:D I think RUN!!

Jan

Efty

Been a heavy gargling weekend so not been online..

RR,when/date are you away?

7 weeks today for moi

24 june till 8 july ................. :D 49 days to go

I see the Scottish airports are closed today :eek: that's going to have another knock on effect, but by the time June comes round the wind should get a more settled south westerly stream to it and blow it bacl north..fingers crossed.

24 june till 8 july ................. :D 49 days to go

I see the Scottish airports are closed today :eek: that's going to have another knock on effect, but by the time June comes round the wind should get a more settled south westerly stream to it and blow it bacl north..fingers crossed.

22 June-6 July :D

Apparently,well according to Sky News anyway its Glasgow thats closed.I`ve got friends flying to Heraklion tomorrow to meet up with OV from Glasgow...Maybe

Me,I`m flying from Edinburgh but like you say, 1.gif

Never mind..only 54 days to go :D

been shopping on the bay to get some holiday bargains :rolleyes: was looking for leather sandals ..1st page popped up.... do you think there my style? :D

Mens leather sandals

Did you see the video clip in the other post above :eek: now that is too much drink :confused:

definately esspecially if you accesorise with the studded dog collar

Hope Berwyn's got his thermals ready, although it's not quite as cold here today.:eek:

Welcome home Berwyn, while the cats away the mice have been panicking, lol.:D:D (It's a joooke!! but it is true, lol)

There's an exam waiting for you on the Thomson Forum. eek!!

Jan

Hi Jan and RR,

Don't worry, Barcelona acclimatised us on last full day. Didn't go off ship was so cold and wet.

Before that it was hot sun all week.

The Exam wasn't too bad and I'd already answered most of them in my "live from" and in my ship's review.

The A.I. was the same as our 1st time on the I.E. when she still belonged to Island Cruises but with much better wine.

Had a lovely time on the whole but thoroughly cream crackered after busy sightseeing holiday. Need another to get over it.

Back in work tonight.:(

Berwyn

Came today.. all set up, what an amazing camera :cool:

I was meaning to ask you about that. Not bad arriving Thursday after a bank holiday. Your holiday snaps should look good then.:D:D Can't wait to see the sandals, all you need is a name to suit. Candy? No, no Sherri, Brandi, get it? :D

Jan

It's actually got GPS built in with over a 100,000 locations, so when you take a picture ..hopefully it will put on the screen the exact location and name..cool huh :cool:

I already have the TZ3 so am used to most of the settings, but it's the 12 x zoom that impressed me, with also HD video camera built in :eek: and came with a 8G card which equates to 44 hrs of video footage

Only disappointment is that the battery is different :( from the other ones that I have..bay her I come.

It's actually got GPS built in with over a 100,000 locations, so when you take a picture ..hopefully it will put on the screen the exact location and name..cool huh :cool:

I already have the TZ3 so am used to most of the settings, but it's the 12 x zoom that impressed me, with also HD video camera built in :eek: and came with a 8G card which equates to 44 hrs of video footage

Only disappointment is that the battery is different :( from the other ones that I have..bay her I come.

Verrry nice. The GPS sounds good, the hours I've spent in the past writing on the back of photos where, when and who. Hope it's not a battery gobbler though.:eek:. Every camera we've got always seems to run out just when we need them. doh!!

Jan

Just got back....repaired 2 laptops in my local tonight and installed several AVs etc etc..only had time for 3 pints of strongbow :mad:

But hey... thats good news, was left Some ££ behind the bar for my troubles.:D

Wish I didnt know about computers :mad:

Just got back....repaired 2 laptops in my local tonight and installed several AVs etc etc..only had time for 3 pints of strongbow :mad:

But hey... thats good news, was left Some ££ behind the bar for my troubles.:D

Wish I didnt know about computers :mad:

Was there a queue? You'll have to change your local. :D:D. I've sorted out all my laptop problems (apart from whether to compress my hard drive) and all I need to do to stop it cutting out is to buy a fan cooling stand.:(

Jan

The weather is getting better all the time :cool: now 17c and sunny in Palma as I type.

we are in the opposite here in aus.in our last month of autumn temp down to a high of 23 today not bad but the nights are getting cool definately pjs weather

Was there a queue? You'll have to change your local. :D:D. I've sorted out all my laptop problems (apart from whether to compress my hard drive) and all I need to do to stop it cutting out is to buy a fan cooling stand.:(

Jan

Left off work early 13 30 :D, when I got home a laptop was there for me to look at, stripped it out to help the guy save his info from the broken hard drive, plugged it into one of my PCs and saved all of his work (100Gig) of photo's and all his music collection, I think he has learnt his lesson on what good practise it is to back up your files once per week.

If you look at the left hand PC you will see his hard drive hanging out of it where I had plugged it into the Sata drives

RR

th_Mrpriceslaptop.jpg

Dont click the LINK from beck noel :mad:

What the hell is that? :eek::eek:

Funny you should talk about backing up, I've just done a full one so I can get rid of a couple of years of sets. I usually do an update once a month as I don't put much on to warrant once a week. You soon learn your lesson when you don't, my DH has yet to learn this lesson. :eek::eek:

Jan

You didn't do it did you? I thought you'd have known better with your experience.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Can we report this to the moderator and how do we do it?

Jan

Archived