The Lonely M & M

Just about 6 months out from our next cruise....Jumped over to the M & M boards...it is a vast wasteland...it will pick up in time, but it is funny, some departures run to the 1,000 plus posts some just languish.....

Always save languishing for once we get onboard!

Just about 6 months out from our next cruise....Jumped over to the M & M boards...it is a vast wasteland...it will pick up in time, but it is funny, some departures run to the 1,000 plus posts some just languish.....

from the title I was envisaging a little red sweet with a sad face.

I fear that there are a lot of people here reading and posting on CC, but they have no idea about the Rollcall Boards or what they are.

I posted this thread a couple of days ago for the same reason:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1189251

How can we get CC and RCI to notify everyone that books a cruise about these boards and give them a link.

Since it is a CC perk, RCI sets up the room, gives away all those priceless trinkets (and the mouse) but if you are not on CC, you would never know.

I would guess my sailing will fill as the days go by, and folks will find their way as they post or lurk.

I have found that M&M are a hit or miss type of thing. Some are great and very lively while others are very slow. Sometimes I get the feeling that people don't understand the real purpose of a M&M -- they just join the group so they can go to the organized event to get a "trinket." Active participation makes the cruise experience so much better in my opinion. :)

The official M&Ms are only for week or longer cruises too IIRC. The shorter ones usually have to find thier own place, often the sky bar on deck is the meeting place, but it's best to make yourself noticeable. Last one we did there was someone who specifically dressed as to be noticed-red dress, red sparkly cowboy-like hat, etc. Couldn't miss her, so the group all found one person and then worked itself around from there.

The M&M section is a good place to find at least someone you would know on board, which is always nice. We met 2 great couples at the hotel the night before embarking. We kept in touch, but still had our own agendas and stuff, so it was nice to visit for a little while, then go about our days.

I'm a roll call junkie and enjoy meeting people and making friend through the boards. Stay with it and make it happen. Not everyone is the motivator and perhaps for your cruise you are the one.

And true, some cruises you'll have many many pages and on others not as much.

My motto..... Never Give up!

I fear that there are a lot of people here reading and posting on CC, but they have no idea about the Rollcall Boards or what they are.

I posted this thread a couple of days ago for the same reason:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1189251

How can we get CC and RCI to notify everyone that books a cruise about these boards and give them a link.

That sounds like a great idea, we have found that a lot of people think we are like critics for a newspaper and are writting up reviews of the ship... what a shame but we always put up the CC sign on our door and talk to people to enlighten them. I have met some life time friends on these boards, not only Royal Caribbean but other cruise lines as well along with info on Ports etc.

Take care... happy cruising

Irene & Miles

Loyal to Royal

So cancel your cruise and join us on Enchantment 06/03/10 - the more the merrier!:D

Hey, it took us a while to get going, but now its an hour of reading every day!

On my last cruise and my upcoming one in two weeks (yipee..), there has never been an M&M. I have concluded that as it is Europe based there is a large mixture of nationalities most of whom don't know about CC

We leave in 6 days for european cruise and have over 100 registered for M&M as well as this we are having and as well as this we are having a meet up on embarkment day as out M&M is not until day 3.

I must agree that it is Hit or Miss.Our upcoming cruise will be our 9th I personally enjoy the days to day messages on the boards and look forward to coming home from work and see who has been on. The last few M&M get togethers on ship have been lacking something:confused:

For us it would not be a cruise without it:)

Archived