Food, Food everywhere...but, what do you crave?

I don't know if I crave anything, but after our last 11 day cruise, we would really like to see some good ol American food, Fried chicken, Meat Loaf, Swiss steak (or is that really american?), Pork chops without sauce, Jumbalaya, but yes, Mexican is always good!

They have some amazing meals, but sometimes the sauces are just over the top.

We had enough with the sauces, and what is up with all of the Vegetarian Indian food, I like Indian food, but can't they come up with Vegetarian meals that are not Indian. On our last cruise, I saw 1 Indian couple. I know these menus are fleet wide, but we would like some plain other choices. Corn on the cob, Fried Chicken and Mashed potatoes, or how about some BBQ ribs-yum.

Just my .02.

Food an I have a healthy respect for each other. I don't crave.
I've been pondering this comment for a while and can't decide if I should respect the person for their unusual discipline or pity them for missing out on some of life's little pleasures. I can't imagine not craving SOMETHING occasionally. I've already admitted to craving Mexican food. I know it's not the best thing I can eat so I only give in to the craving once every 2-3 weeks. It's a pleasure while eating it because I know it will be a while before I get more. Even a small craving can be a pleasure. I've given in when a coworker brings chocolate donuts for breakfast. I figure that if I have a small side salad for lunch, a donut for breakfast is okay and yummy!

When I get home it's like I've forgotten how to cook for the first few days. I just stand in front of the fridge and stare. I might want a slice or some cheesecake and I don't get why it just doesn't appear before me. This world feels alien to me. :confused:

They did have a Mexican buffet in the Windjammer a couple of times oo our recent Navigator cruise--it wasn't bad, though basic, and a nice change from the other buffet food, which for the most part I wasn't too fond of.

I miss chips and other salty snacks and home made desserts; and can't they make cookies that are nice and soft instead of crunchy?

I don't know if I crave anything, but after our last 11 day cruise, we would really like to see some good ol American food, Fried chicken, Meat Loaf, Swiss steak (or is that really american?), Pork chops without sauce, Jumbalaya, but yes, Mexican is always good!

They have some amazing meals, but sometimes the sauces are just over the top.

We had enough with the sauces, and what is up with all of the Vegetarian Indian food, I like Indian food, but can't they come up with Vegetarian meals that are not Indian. On our last cruise, I saw 1 Indian couple. I know these menus are fleet wide, but we would like some plain other choices. Corn on the cob, Fried Chicken and Mashed potatoes, or how about some BBQ ribs-yum.

Just my .02.

I wondered too why so much Indian food; at least one entree every dinner and several dishes in the windjammer. I think there was only one Indian couple on our ship--but I do know the Brits, especially, like curries. (Note; I like Indian food too, just not at every meal.)

• 2 weeks later...
I wondered too why so much Indian food; at least one entree every dinner and several dishes in the windjammer. I think there was only one Indian couple on our ship--but I do know the Brits, especially, like curries. (Note; I like Indian food too, just not at every meal.)

Last year on Voyager I overheard an Indian Gentleman complaining to one of the Chefs that there was not enough choice of foods for Indian people. The Chef explained that they could try some of the other foods in the buffet but the man didn't seem convinced by this!

It not a certain food I miss ithat I need right away its what I will miss that I had on the ship that I won't have onlnad. Like; having someone else do the cooking, serving, clearing away the dishes and most of all "washing the dishes."

Oh and lets not forgot the hard working cabin steward that made my beds, clean my bathroom, dusted the furniture and vaccuum my floors for me.

Homemade kettle corn/popcorn.

Hey, I go to the onboard theatres hoping I can find popcorn - but it only happens rarely. (Heck, I could always watch the movie when I get back home - too many other things to do on a cruise ship.)

Really?? We suffer withdrawals not having a Tim's for a couple weeks.:D

We can see one from our front porch, and the last time we got coffee from there was the day we moved in 8 years ago. (I don't like hockey either. Why haven't I been deported to some island paradise yet?)

Archived