How to get a cheaper deal

donant98

I have been checking on carnival website for a cheaper rate to try and get on obc. Every time I check my cruise for early saver(what i bought) it doesn't come up with that. What am I doing wrong? I see so many people getting these price adjustments. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Im not sure what it is you arent coming up with, early saver price?? It drops off 5 months before 7 day cruises and 3 months on shorter cruises. Im cruising Sept 26 and its going to probably drop off by tomorrow night, it often hangs on for a few extra days.

Do check ALL rates and if any rate is less than you paid you can put in for it. ANY rate you qualify for.

Iv gotten one $20 pp price drop in at least 6 cruises. I did 8 cruises last year, and one dropped, the rest went up. And I had to fight for that one, and my PVP managed to get me a $60 OBC, thats out of 8 cruises. One I got OBC on. Its much rarer than you think, thats why people get so excited they post when they do get a drop.

Easier I bought CCL stock, and future cruise certificates. I got $200 OBC waiting for me on my Sept cruise, didnt need a price drop to get. Carnival still lets you combine OBC (RCL does not any more). Some TAs give discounts, but most of them also add on fees to make up for it. Iv started to book direct since I book cheap cabins, but if I booked expensive cabins, Id use a TA who discounted on Carnival (on RCL they give OBC).

I watch a TA site for my rates, because its easier than the glitchy Carnival site, which hasnt been working well lately and if I found a rate drop, Id double check it on the Carnival site. I check rates daily, but of course they dont go down. Just dont think everyone is getting OBC for rate drops, some cruises go up in price, so be glad you booked smart at a good rate.

Archived