What are your visual motivators?

murfturf

Hello all!

I was wondering what everyone has as a visual reminder to stay on plan?

Right now I have a new one - I found a Royal Caribbean wristband bracelet (like the LiveStrong ones) that I got on my last (first) cruise. I found it the day I booked my next cruise for Jan 2011 - and I decided to wear it as a constant reminder. When I want to snack on stuff I shouldn't, or especially when I want to stress-eat, I look at the bracelet and try to keep things in focus.

I also have a swim suit hanging in my bedroom, but it's been there so long I think I look right over it! I need to change things up a bit to keep the motivation going!

I'm restarting my weight loss, I have been up and down 50 lbs for the past 10 years and I want to lose that 50 + 25 more! I got down 20 for my cruise last October, and gained about 15 back. This time I have 8 months to lose before my next cruise.

So what do you do?

I have a sundress in the size I want to be when I get to goal hanging on my closet door.

My husband put a picture of the ship for his outside screen on his cell phone and a picture of Orient Beach inside.

Great idea!! I have an "All for fun, fun for all" bracelet my ast waiter gave me last year. I'm gonna put that sucker on right now!!

I am at 163 wanting to get to atleast 140 by cruisetime in August!

Good Luck All!!:D

The bracelet has really helped when I wanted to stress eat the other night. I just looked at it, tugged on it a bit and decided on not eating because of my stress. Later, when I realized I was hungry I had an apple instead.

I've even had some friends ask about it, so it helps because they know about my goals now too!

Hello... been doing the low carb thing since mid feb... down 18lbs and feel very satisfied with my eating plan. i still wanna drop about 30 more. my main motivator is any current pics of me.. cant stand the way i look..and the face that stares back a me in the mirror...yikes... good success to us all to reach our goals...

• 4 weeks later...

This:

11690003.jpg

I looked like this last time we went to Mexico. I've lost 70 pounds since then and want to lose 15-20 more. I have my "fat" photos hanging above my computer monitor in my office and stored on my iPhone.

I LOVE the bracelet idea! I may have to find a bracelet that is meaningful like that!

I am doing this for my credit card debt but I think I will make one tonight for my weight loss goals. A paper chain with a number on each link that has the amount of pounds i want to lose. 1-2-3-ect all the way to fifty. Each time the scale drops I will tear off a link. and I think I will decorate my kitchen with it as a constant reminder since i eat pretty healthy when out of the house, it's just in the house i can't get control.

Have a great night.

C.

• 1 month later...

I do a few things. I have a couple of pieces of clothing in a smaller size, I have a picture of myself when I was smaller on my desk at work, I started a journal where I paste pics, quotes, whatever that I find motivational ( it's always handy to work on that to distract me from eating out of boredom too!) & I bought my self an inexpensive, but lovely silver & peridot (my birthstone) ring that I wear on my right hand everyday to remind me of my commitment to myself & my health. I figure I wear a ring that symbolizes my commitment to my husband, so why not one for me too?!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread. I haven't thought much about visual cues, but it's a good idea.

I'm just starting my road back. Lost weight 8 years ago and kept it off for a few years, but then gradually it drifted up. Now, at 62, I'm trying to get back down to a weight that makes me feel good. I've started by giving up alcohol completely and have lost 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I've also been eating very carefully, but well. Not on a plan, I have had too much of plans. Just sensible eating, few treats.

I have a closet full of capris I want to fit into again, my fancy $300 jeans that I bought when they fit me. I take them out and try them on every so often, and look at how far I have to go. I also find that going to a clothing store once in a while and trying some clothes on in front of those big mirrors is very instructive. We can lie to ourselves so easily, but the mirror doesn't lie.

Archived