Which excursions fill up fast

tarheelmjfan

We booked our June cruise last week, & now I'm looking at the excursions. Obviously, I have a lot of research to do, but I want to make sure that I don't procrastinate & miss out on something we really want to do. Which excursions do we have to book ASAP? TIA :)

The TIME I had wanted on the helicopter/glacier trek was already booked so had to take a different one.I went to the site as soon as it was put up.So you might get the excursion you want but NOT the time you wanted to take it if your not fast! Dot

Well, I know Michelle at island has not updated her prices yet...we got it a little cheaper than what it will cost in a couple of weeks. Maybe check into that one. We booked all of our excursions independently. They said that things would start booking hot and heavy next month. Happy planning...Nancy

Flights are your first to book up - usually. If of interest Orca Enterprises only books 23 on their boats- so certainly that will book up too. There are many excellent operators out of Ketchikan for a floatplane into Misty Fjords- so look at several- http://www.visit-ketchikan.com I have flown with Southeast Aviation, Carlin Air and Island Wings. Then Taquan on other tours.

We're planning to book a helicopter/dog sledding tour. That is, if we can find one available. We're just wait for our TA to return from a travel show. I keep seeing people mentioning the flight to Misty Fjords. What is their to see? Thanks again :)

You definately don't need your TA to book for you. Extremely simple to book direct. For the better pricing- consider http://www.coastalhelicopters.com out of Juneau for the dog sledding. Your TA probably doesn't have a clue on Alaska tours, and certainly not independent venders? (other then reading descriptions?) Misty fjords is out of Ketchikan, extremely scenic flying, a factor in this trip may also be the experience of the floatplane. :) Again- your agent isn't going to know the details of the independents- which are superior to ship booked trips. Consider Southeast Aviation, Carlin Air and Island Wings- none ship contract so you can't book your tours that way. These flights are superior due to the vender allowing you OUT of the plane and on to land inside the fjords. Ship contractors almost ALWAYS just allow you out on the pontoons, but verify this directly.

Archived