Ice Show- Mariner

What time is the ice show? We have early sitting, will we able to see the show?

I was on the Mariner in December. Things might have changed by now, but there was really only one show that early seating can easily see. Here is a copy and paste of that part of my review:

"Ice Under The Big Top is the best show I have ever seen on a cruise ship. It is 50 minutes of sheer beauty, a real feast for your eyes. What those ice skaters can do on a moving ship is nothing short of incredible. The show is 50 minutes long and is the must see event on the Mariner of the Seas. It plays in Studio B four times during the week...Monday at 5PM, Wednesday at 7PM and 9PM and Friday at 5PM. We went to the Wednesday 9PM show. It is the busiest of the four showings. The doors open 30 minutes before showtime. We arrived 45 minutes before that, and a line was already forming. The problem with that particular show is that it's realistically the only show that early seating guests can see. The two 5PM shows are on formal night, which mean you would have to be dressed for dinner and in line by 4PM. The early Wednesday show is right in the middle of dinner. Which leaves only the Wednesday at 9 show for half the ship to see. RCCL really needs to evaluate the times for this show. It's so good that everyone wants to see it."

As I said in my review, the Ice Show is fantastic and not to be missed. The problem lies with the 4 times they show it. The Wednesday at 9PM show is realistically the only show that early seaters can see. This may have changed by now, though.

In February, we dressed for the 1st formal night early and went to the 5pm show. Of course we had to go a little early (and wait in line) for the show to ensure we had good seats. I'm thinking we showed up about 20-30 minutes before the doors opened. We selected seats that afforded a good view but also had easy egress so that we could get out fast when the show was over. Then we just had to head for our early seating dinner. For us, it worked out just fine. We did pre-plan our route to dinner because all those photo setups can slow you down because they do get crowded.

Archived