Victoria ideas?

We have been to Victoria a number of times both on cruises and on land trips and have done a number of things while there. Thought I'd post to see what others have done for something new.

We have been to the Gardens, Tea at the Empress and B. Gardens, Royal BC Museum walked around town.

Was just considering staying on the ship but maybe there's something good we've missed. Any help is appreciated. We will be there on Sunday, May 9th. Mothers Day.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
We have been to Victoria a number of times both on cruises and on land trips and have done a number of things while there. Thought I'd post to see what others have done for something new.

We have been to the Gardens, Tea at the Empress and B. Gardens, Royal BC Museum walked around town.

Was just considering staying on the ship but maybe there's something good we've missed. Any help is appreciated. We will be there on Sunday, May 9th. Mothers Day.

There's plenty of nice day hikes and beaches to visit, or (not previously mentioned) one of my favourite places is Fort Rodd Hill, a historic fort which protected the entrance to Esquimalt Harbour (home of Canada's Pacific Fleet)

http://www.fortroddhill.com/

Another interesting site to visit (although much will likely be closed on a Sunday, Saturday night is the best time to visit) is the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory, which when built was the largest telescope in the world.

http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/services/hia/centre-universe.html

• 1 month later...

There is a old mansion in Victoria. We took the bus to it. Can't remember the name though.

There was also a harbor where there are some seals that were swimming around. Don't know if they are still there.

There is a old mansion in Victoria. We took the bus to it. Can't remember the name though.

There was also a harbor where there are some seals that were swimming around. Don't know if they are still there.

There are plenty of mansions in Victoria, such as Craigdarrach Castle, the Lt Governors residence, the Hatley Castle at Royal Roads University etc etc.., not to mention the 5million+ residences that also qualify as mansions.

As for seals, they're pretty much a fixture anywhere there's a commercial port.

You have kind of hit on the highlights....but what about a horse drawn carriage ride, a pub crawl, the Harbour Ferries, the Maritime Museum, or a HOHO excursion.

do you live in Victoria? I will be spending 4 days with my aunt..was thinking about renting a car and doing some driving out to Nanamo (sp) what do you suggest to do out and about the Island for 4 days. I have been as Far as Ucelet (sp) looking for B&B's good seafood...nothing fancy..I am a science teacher.

do you hae a good lead on rental cars there?

I will be disembarking the royal princess on July 18 in Victoria.

Mulecruizer@hotmail.com

do you live in Victoria? I will be spending 4 days with my aunt..was thinking about renting a car and doing some driving out to Nanamo (sp) what do you suggest to do out and about the Island for 4 days. I have been as Far as Ucelet (sp) looking for B&B's good seafood...nothing fancy..I am a science teacher.

do you hae a good lead on rental cars there?

I will be disembarking the royal princess on July 18 in Victoria.

Mulecruizer@hotmail.com

No, I do not live in Victoria, I live on what is known as the Sunshine Coast which is on the manland and about abrest of Nanaimo...most of my knowledge come from frequently visiting there both on business and pleasure. Over the years I found that I got my best deals on car rentals from Budget using the Costco discount code. Sorry, I can't help you on the B&B matter as I have never stayed at one up island. But yes it is a nice drive up island to Nanaimo and while Nanaimo isn't what I would call a vacation spot there are lots of attractions in close proximity such as Cathederal Grove and the communities of Parksville and Qualicum Beach. But now that I re-read you post, it seems like you are thinking of a trip out to the west coast of the island...and I am sorry, I can't recommend anything that is inexpensive out there.

You might try posting your question on the Canada board and as there are several Victoria and Island posters who might be able to give you some recomendations.:)

No, I do not live in Victoria, I live on what is known as the Sunshine Coast which is on the manland and about abrest of Nanaimo...most of my knowledge come from frequently visiting there both on business and pleasure. Over the years I found that I got my best deals on car rentals from Budget using the Costco discount code. Sorry, I can't help you on the B&B matter as I have never stayed at one up island. But yes it is a nice drive up island to Nanaimo and while Nanaimo isn't what I would call a vacation spot there are lots of attractions in close proximity such as Cathederal Grove and the communities of Parksville and Qualicum Beach. But now that I re-read you post, it seems like you are thinking of a trip out to the west coast of the island...and I am sorry, I can't recommend anything that is inexpensive out there.

You might try posting your question on the Canada board and as there are several Victoria and Island posters who might be able to give you some recomendations.:)

Thanks!

Archived