luggage tag question

I am about two weeks out from our first cruise, and just now getting around to doing fun passes and printing documents. I was wondering about the luggage tags. The sheet says fold, don't cut, and tells you specifically how to fold them. Can these be laminated? I was hoping to laminate them and maybe use a cable tie to attach them to the suitcases to make them more sturdy. Also, do I need to print a luggage tag for each of our carry on bags, too? I don't plan to attach the carnival luggage tags until the day we board because we are flying in a few days early, but I would like them to be as sturdy as possible.

Thanks!

Yes you can laminate them. I always do that so there is no chance of them ripping. I put them on checked and carry on bags just in case one gets lost. You can't ever be too safe. Have fun! Which ship are you going on?

I just use clear packing tape like many do here and it works great....Carry a small stapler and just staple together at the port or tape it all together to start with...

I always put one on the carry on just in case it gets misplaced on the ship after boarding....

I am about two weeks out from our first cruise, and just now getting around to doing fun passes and printing documents. I was wondering about the luggage tags. The sheet says fold, don't cut, and tells you specifically how to fold them. Can these be laminated? I was hoping to laminate them and maybe use a cable tie to attach them to the suitcases to make them more sturdy. Also, do I need to print a luggage tag for each of our carry on bags, too? I don't plan to attach the carnival luggage tags until the day we board because we are flying in a few days early, but I would like them to be as sturdy as possible.

Thanks!

Try printing on glossy photo paper, then trim the edges away. A hole punch and small cable/zip tie finishes it off. The photo paper is stronger than the previous luggage tags.

I always tag my carry-on, but that's not necessary.

Yes you can laminate them. I always do that so there is no chance of them ripping. I put them on checked and carry on bags just in case one gets lost. You can't ever be too safe. Have fun! Which ship are you going on?

We are going to be on the Victory in just a couple of weeks. Our first cruise, and we are pretty excited. Can't wait to get away from work and spend some time staring at the sea.

I printed them, folded them, put clear packing tape around every inch, punched a hole in each end, and brought pre-cut pieces of string with me so when I was at my pre-cruise hotel I could just fold the tags once around my luggage handles and tie them together by putting the string through both holes and tying a few knots in the string. They were very sturdy!

I just noticed the Carnival luggage tags, that I printed from my e-ticket, say:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked baggage to two suitcases per person.

Each suitcase should not weigh more than 50 pounds and
not exceed 24" w x 16" h.

My large suitcase is 28" x 17" (I only check the one), not including wheels and handle. Does Carnival have measuring police? Help? Leaving in 3 days and no time or $$ to buy a new suitcase. :confused:

I just noticed the Carnival luggage tags, that I printed from my e-ticket, say:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked baggage to two suitcases per person.

Each suitcase should not weigh more than 50 pounds and
not exceed 24" w x 16" h.

My large suitcase is 28" x 17" (I only check the one), not including wheels and handle. Does Carnival have measuring police? Help? Leaving in 3 days and no time or $$ to buy a new suitcase. :confused:

No they don't measure them just like they don't weigh them

Archived