Caribbean Princess Room

CruiseAdict218

I agree with Toto. I'm Elite as is my sister (with almost 400 days) and we have NEVER received an upgrade because we're Elite. Someone is giving you incorrect information as this just isn't true.

The only way to "get an upgrade" is to pay for the cabin you want. Being Elite has nothing to do with it. As I said, I'm Elite and only once did they "upgrade" me but that was from an AD to an AC mini-suite; I told them what they could do with their "upgrade."

Oooo, i just assumed u get the free upgrade, didnt know the being a elite member had nothing to do with a upgrade as well

Thanks, we already have a reserve on the rooms but weren't given which ones and my mom contacted Princess or someone who contacted them for us and said that if u want a handicap room, no upgrade, which is wat my parents want, my aunt was originally going to get tht as well, but she wanted the upgrade so she did not reserve the handicap room and instead a regular room, sry for not giving specific info

Why do your parents want a handicapped cabin?

Handicapped rooms do not get upgraded as they assume you are in a wheelchair and need the special adaptations these cabins have.

Thanks, we already have a reserve on the rooms but weren't given which ones and my mom contacted Princess or someone who contacted them for us and said that if u want a handicap room, no upgrade, which is wat my parents want, my aunt was originally going to get tht as well, but she wanted the upgrade so she did not reserve the handicap room and instead a regular room, sry for not giving specific info

Why do your parents want a handicapped cabin?

Handicapped rooms do not get upgraded as they assume you are in a wheelchair and need the special adaptations these cabins have.

and u dont have to be in a wheelchair to be handicap my dad is b/c of his knee nd hes not in a wheelchair:eek:

and u dont have to be in a wheelchair to be handicap my dad is b/c of his knee nd hes not in a wheelchair:eek:

True you don't have to be in a wheelchair to get a wheelchair accessible cabin. However, if everyone with a bad knee booked a wheelchair accessible cabin there would be none left for those people in Wheelchairs. There are so very few wheelchair accessible cabins and should be for people who require wheelchairs. :eek: When you are confined to a wheelchair like I am it matters.

I'm sure you won't agree so we will just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Also, want to let you know since you and your aunt are doing a guarantee your cabin may not be close to your parents assigned cabin. You could be across the ship and on a different deck.

True you don't have to be in a wheelchair to get a wheelchair accessible cabin. However, if everyone with a bad knee booked a wheelchair accessible cabin there would be none left for those people in Wheelchairs. There are so very few wheelchair accessible cabins and should be for people who require wheelchairs. :eek: When you are confined to a wheelchair like I am it matters.

I'm sure you won't agree so we will just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Also, want to let you know since you and your aunt are doing a guarantee your cabin may not be close to your parents assigned cabin. You could be across the ship and on a different deck.

yeh but now shes saying she also wants a upgrade so idk, lol

yeh but now shes saying she also wants a upgrade so idk, lol

The deal here is that 'almost everyone' WANTS a complimentary upgrade, but wanting, and be assured of one, are two totally different things. If your aunt has sailed on Princess over 40 times, she should know how upgrades work by now, which is that they are never guaranteed to anyone.

Not sure why she would want to book an accessible cabin if someone in that stateroom didn't actually need it, that is really a bad situation as there are not that many of them on any Princess ship. Yes, they are larger to make room for a wheelchair, but common sense says that an able bodied person would not take this away from someone who actually needed the space for a wheelchair to fit through the door and have room inside to move around.

There has to be more to this that you don't know, as something just doesn't sound right here. :confused:

Archived