Caribbean Princess Room

CruiseAdict218

If u look below my family is going on the Canada/New England but the final payment isnt due until the end of June, when do we find out wat kind of room we will get and b/c im with my aunt she gets a upgrade but idk wat kind, any body have any ideas?

The cabin assignment could be made anytime between now and when you reach the pier. It does not depend on having made final payment.

If you booked a "guaranty", you could be assigned a cabin in the category you booked (example, KK) or higher. Almost all guarantee bookings end up in the same type room (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) as booked, even if in a higher category.

Not sure why you think your aunt will get an upgrade.

The cabin assignment could be made anytime between now and when you reach the pier. It does not depend on having made final payment.

If you booked a "guaranty", you could be assigned a cabin in the category you booked (example, KK) or higher. Almost all guarantee bookings end up in the same type room (inside, outside, balcony, etc.) as booked, even if in a higher category.

Not sure why you think your aunt will get an upgrade.

b/c shes a elite member(sailed with Princess 40+ times) so she can get a upgrade, i should have state tht but for got, lol

I have never heard of Elite members always getting an upgrade. I have been Elite for quite sometime now, and never received an upgrade because of that fact. Maybe your Aunt knows something we don't, but I have never heard of this before. Please share why she would receive an automatic upgrade because she is an Elite member of the Captain's Circle. :)

Colo, does this happen to you? I know you have 44 Princess cruises under your belt now. ;)

Me, my aunt, mom and dad are going on this trip, my mom and dad are going in one room and me and my aunt are in another and b/c shes a past guest member like i stated above she gets a upgrade, to a better room then interior.

As said previously, I have never known this to happen because you are a past guest or an Elite member of the Captain's Circle. Would love to know the secret though. ;)

I have never heard of Elite members always getting an upgrade. I have been Elite for quite sometime now, and never received an upgrade because of that fact. Maybe your Aunt knows something we don't, but I have never heard of this before. Please share why she would receive an automatic upgrade because she is an Elite member of the Captain's Circle. :)

Colo, does this happen to you? I know you have 44 Princess cruises under your belt now. ;)

OOO i just thought u always get the upgrade, but i know we r defiantly getting one

OOO i just thought u always get the upgrade, but i know we r defiantly getting one

There is never a way to know for sure, not unless your aunt booked a special promotion that assures her of an upgrade (these do happen where you pay for an inside and are given an outside stateroom for the same price), but I have never heard of this happening just because of your status in the Captain's Circle. Good luck though!

There is never a way to know for sure, not unless your aunt booked a special promotion that assures her of an upgrade (these do happen where you pay for an inside and are given an outside stateroom for the same price), but I have never heard of this happening just because of your status in the Captain's Circle. Good luck though!

Thanks, we already have a reserve on the rooms but weren't given which ones and my mom contacted Princess or someone who contacted them for us and said that if u want a handicap room, no upgrade, which is wat my parents want, my aunt was originally going to get tht as well, but she wanted the upgrade so she did not reserve the handicap room and instead a regular room, sry for not giving specific info

You will have to let us all know exactly which category your aunt booked, and what you ended up in when you receive your cabin assignment. I agree, when booking a handicapped room, upgrades would be pretty much impossible.

But marking your booking as 'will accept an upgrade' is available to everyone that books, it doesn't matter if they are a first time Princess passenger, or a 50th. But it never means you will actually receive an upgrade, it just makes your booking available for an upgrade if they decide that they need your category for other guarantee bookings. Sometimes you get one, most times you don't.

Let us know when you actually find out, which has already been said, could be anytime between the day the booking was made, up until the time you reach the pier to board the ship. ;)

You will have to let us all know exactly which category your aunt booked, and what you ended up in when you receive your cabin assignment. I agree, when booking a handicapped room, upgrades would be pretty much impossible.

But marking your booking as 'will accept an upgrade' is available to everyone that books, it doesn't matter if they are a first time Princess passenger, or a 50th. But it never means you will actually receive an upgrade, it just makes your booking available for an upgrade if they decide that they need your category for other guarantee bookings. Sometimes you get one, most times you don't.

Let us know when you actually find out, which has already been said, could be anytime between the day the booking was made, up until the time you reach the pier to board the ship. ;)

I know that how many times u sailed with them doesnt make a difference, just wanted to state it, and when i find out ill post it ;):D:rolleyes::)

My guess here is that when the aunt booked she took advantage of a past passenger promo where you pay for one cat. but get the next cat. at the same price i.e book a balcony at the price of an OV unobstructed thus the "guaranteed" upgrade. But that is just a guess.

So i talked to my mom and she said that hopefully we r getting a free upgrade to probly one of the ocean window rooms(wanted a suite) lol

Sounds like the mystery is solved. Yes, most passengers 'hope' to get a complimentary upgrade, but you can just never count on it. Again, good luck! :)

So i talked to my mom and she said that hopefully we r getting a free upgrade to probly one of the ocean window rooms(wanted a suite) lol

From an inside to a suite! :eek: I want that upgrade too! :D Have a good time with your family!

From our experience 2 times.. upgrades were from BF to BC, and from BD to BA (which was nice, because of the size of balconies on Caribe Deck)

Both times we called Princess beforehand to inquirer about our potential cabin and got answers. :)

b/c shes a elite member(sailed with Princess 40+ times) so she can get a upgrade, i should have state tht but for got, lol

Me, my aunt, mom and dad are going on this trip, my mom and dad are going in one room and me and my aunt are in another and b/c shes a past guest member like i stated above she gets a upgrade, to a better room then interior.
I agree with Toto. I'm Elite as is my sister (with almost 400 days) and we have NEVER received an upgrade because we're Elite. Someone is giving you incorrect information as this just isn't true.

The only way to "get an upgrade" is to pay for the cabin you want. Being Elite has nothing to do with it. As I said, I'm Elite and only once did they "upgrade" me but that was from an AD to an AC mini-suite; I told them what they could do with their "upgrade."

Archived