Frommer's walking tour of Nassau

sleepless

Greetings, my DH and I are going to Nassau in June. We are considering the Frommer's walking tour on our own. I have several questions.

1. Has anyone done the Frommer's walking tour in Nassau recently?
  2. Have you encountered any problems along the way?
  3. How long has it taken?
  4. Is there anything special we should look at that is not highlighted in the book?
  5. Is there anything mentioned in the book that should be avoided?
  6. Is it safe for two adults (55+ years)) to walk about alone, or is this something that is best done with a group?

Thanks for your input. It is appreciated.

Sleepless

My mom and I did a modified version of the walking tour last May. We just hit a few highlights. My mom gets overheated easily so the full tour would have been too much for her. (I'm 42, my mom is 68.) We saw a few of the churches, the Government House, the Queen's Staircase, the library and then walked back through the Parliament buildings. I guess it took about an hour. If I could do it again, I would see some of Fort Fincastle.

We didn't encounter any problems except that some of the roads are narrow and curved and the sidewalk is bad in some spots. So please be very careful about cars - especially if you're not used to cars driving on the left.

I think Scubagirrl has suggested waiting until after 9 am or so until the shops open up and there are more people around.

The walking tour is a nice way to see some of the historical buildings in Nassau.

Archived