Explorer of the Seas Cabin 9692

Has anybody stayed in the AFT cabin 9692 on EOS? If so please let me know about the cabin and the balcony is the balcony private and what is the size. If you have pictures that would be very helpful. thanks

I have not, BUT I heard this cabin was wonderful! One post mentioned that they sat out on their balcony many times watching the wake from the ship. They said you had a little more noise when the ship turned and from but said the view more than made up for it.

Good Luck!

NO balcony is completely private...just so you know! Your neighbor can (and probably will) "peek" around the divider at some point! And, if you're both standing at the railing, you can converse quite easily.

So, while you won't be sharing the space, it's not "private" like your cabin will be!

Thanks for the information. I hope we made a good decision with an AFT cabin. It's a 9 night cruise so i'm hoping for the best. I understand it's not completely private. But i read somewhere that a small corner of the balcony was covered and the rest open-don't quite understand how and was hoping someone could clear this up for me. I've had balcony cabins before and they were very private no one could look in or down at us but never an AFT cabin.

We stayed in 9392 the exact cabin on the other side. The cabin is the smaller of the balcony categories but the balcony itself more than makes up for it! 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. A little bit of shade but plenty of room to sunbathe! Love it! If you look up to the balcony above you can see people IF they are standing at the railing. If you look down you can see about half of the balcony below. Not really a problem. Tried to book it again for my next cruise but ended up with 8392 directly below.

~Connie

Thanks Connie for your post!!! I now feel alot more comfortable with the cabin. I think we will be spending alot of time on the balcony. Our daughters are in an inside stateroom and love to sunbath so i know it will be used alot. I was concerned about privacy but the way you described sounds very do-able. Do you happen to have any pictures of the cabin and balcony?? Thanks again for putting my mind at ease. I cant wait to go and will post some pics a soon as possible.

To the OP - below is a link to a long discussion thread about aft cabins on various RCL ships. There are LOTS of pictures posted there. Can't remember if there are any specifically of your cabin, but there are some from all decks on Voyager class, so probably something at least close. There are also pics posted from the outside of the ship, noting the deck numbers, which will give you a better idea of how the balconies from one deck to another are situated in relation to each other.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=972633

Happy sailing!

Ruth :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived