Carnival Freedom.-hump cabin???

We booked an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Freedom on the rivera deck. It states that its a "hump cabin". Is anyone familar with this term and if so can you describe it!!

I was on the Freedom last week, we had an interior 4g, but since we left the kids at home I'd call our cabin a hump cabin as well, no explanation needed.....

I had never heard the term either, but I researched and here is a quote from someone:

"The hump of a Freedom class ship.......is the protrusion about amid ship, that actually bows out from the ship.......giving the cabin a better vantage point, depending on where the cabin is located on the hump.....to either forward facing.....aft facing.....or, if you are lucky enough.....to be right in the middle of the hump......both ways give you equal visibility.

They have been considered some of the better cabins on any Freedom Class.....or Voyager Class ship."

There is a Cruise Critic Thread located at: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=952473

Hope this helps, and it does sound interesting.

We booked an ocean view cabin on the Carnival Freedom on the rivera deck. It states that its a "hump cabin". Is anyone familar with this term and if so can you describe it!!

are you sure it was carnival freedom, and not rccl freedom of the seas? ;)

i'm aware that they call certain cabins on the freedom and voyager class (and maybe oasis?) hump cabins, because they're located in a protrusion / bulge in about the middle of the ships...

and i still think that's just about the worst name their marketing dept could have thought up, LOL! :eek:

that *i* am aware of, carnival doesn't call any of their cabins 'hump' cabins, and there are not similar protrusions in carnival ships... conquest class ships, riviera deck, is totally straight the whole way down, with all OV cabins in line...

what cabin / where'd you see that? maybe we could help sort this out for you :)

are you sure it was carnival freedom, and not rccl freedom of the seas? ;):)

thats what I was thinking, these people are on the wrong board or something. Only RCL ships have what is called "hump" cabins that bow out.

I had never heard the term either, but I researched and here is a quote from someone:

"The hump of a Freedom class ship.......is the protrusion about amid ship, that actually bows out from the ship.......giving the cabin a better vantage point, depending on where the cabin is located on the hump.....to either forward facing.....aft facing.....or, if you are lucky enough.....to be right in the middle of the hump......both ways give you equal visibility.

They have been considered some of the better cabins on any Freedom Class.....or Voyager Class ship."

There is a Cruise Critic Thread located at: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=952473

Hope this helps, and it does sound interesting.

Freedom class is a class of ships on RCL, on Carnival, the Freedom is a conquest class ships ... which also makes me think people got the two ships confused.

It also mentions Voyager class ships .. which are also RCL class, right below Freedom class.

Archived