Salmon fishing

tarheelmjfan

Okay, I'm trying to work out the schedule for our excursions, & I'm having a hard time trying to figure out a way to fit the excursions into the port that I prefer. How does this sound? I wanted to book my DH & DS the salmon fishing excursion out of Ketchikan, good fishing + a little cheaper. They want to go fresh water fishing & Icy Strait Point has saltwater fishing. Anyway, the place that I can best fit this excursion is in Skagway. I could take the White Pass Scenic Railway, while their fishing. I do want them to take the excursion that they will have the best fishing on. Is the salmon fishing in Skagway in June any good, or do I need to try to fit it into our plans in Ketchikan. Please, be brutally honest, because this is the thing they are most looking forward to & I want it to be a memorable experience. Thanks again for all your help! :)

Ask Yukon, but Skagway isn't known for fishing as well as Ketchikan, but I have seen (and heard) plenty of salmon swimming up the "ditches" in town. BUT fresh water is a whole different story?? I don't fish, my family does and they have had excellent experiences with Northern Lights out of Ketchikan.

Budget Queen,

Thanks, you are so much help! :) I'll see if I can figure out a way to fit the fishing excursion into our Ketchikan plan. Any suggestions on what I can do in Ketchikan by myself why they're fishing? Also, are the excursions that Northern Lights offers in fresh water? Thanks again

Archived