Ketchikan shore excursions

tarheelmjfan

We're trying to plan our shore excursions, so we can get them booked. We've narrowed down our choices in Ketchikan. That is, unless you guys have a different suggestion. :D Here's the choices I have come up with so far: Saxman Native Totem Village, Totem Bight & Heritage Deluxe, or Alaska Undersea tour. So, which of these would you recommend, if any? Thanks :)

I'll also put in a plug for the combined Sourdough Totem Bight/Saxman Village tour. We went last June -- they put our family of 4, plus 2 other ladies in their van, and off we went. Great personalized service, wonderful tour guide (native of Ketchikan and full of good information) and we enjoyed seeing the differences between the 2 sites. My preference, just slightly, was Totem Bight due to the beautiful setting.

Hi,

The undersea tour is in a semi-submersible vessel. I love your idea of doing the combo tour. I looked it up on Sourdough, & we'll definitely do that. Thanks for all you help, & being so patient with all my questions. :)

Is the undersea tour the same as the duck tour (from Alaska Amphibious ?) If not, I'd appreciate a pointer to it - it sounds interesting. Does it let you see submarine wildlife ?

Thank you!

Vaibhav

This is not the duck tour. It sounds kind of interesting. I would love to hear from someone who had taken the tour. You can find the info. on the Celebrity site, as an available excursion from Ketchikan. I have no idea who else offers it, but if your not cruising with Celebrity, hopefully this will give you some idea what you are looking for. :)

This is not the duck tour. It sounds kind of interesting. I would love to hear from someone who had taken the tour. You can find the info. on the Celebrity site, as an available excursion from Ketchikan. I have no idea who else offers it, but if your not cruising with Celebrity, hopefully this will give you some idea what you are looking for. :)

Thank you for the pointer. I found it on Celebrity's site as well as by googling 'ketchikan undersea tour'. This looks really interesting, I'm tempted to give up my plan of snorkeling and book this instead. Thanks for sharing this!

Vaibhav.

Archived