Which cruise line has the best food?

apollobeach

Me too, I had the best food on Queen Mary II compared to RCCL and Princess.

The food on the QM2 is very good/excellent. The best is located in the Grills, where you can go "off" menu.The Britannia dining room is very good, but I feel that Celebrity(main dining room) is probably better than what's offered in the Brittannia restaurant. The Todd English restaurant(QM2)is very good, but the menu never changes. I've met many who cruise both Cunard & Celebrity. Most seem to believe they're pretty much equal. Not having been on Celebrity I'd probably say they're equal.

I also hear that the food on Silversea, Oceania, Seaborn, & SeaDream is pretty spectacular. Then again, for what it costs in the Grills(QM2)and the forementioned lines the food SHOULD be spectacular!!

Although I'm not nearly the cruise critic voyager that so many on this site are, I have been on a good variety of cruise lines: Oceania, Celebrity, Regent Seven Seas and HAL. By far, the best food I've had was on Oceania. Their Main Dining Room and 2 speciality restaurants never disappoint.

There are other, high-end lines that tout their food and I'm sure those who have been on, say, Silver Seas, will speak out, too.

But, I hope food will not be your only criteria for choosing a specific cruise or cruise line. There's just so much more that makes a memorable cruise experience. (Unless, of course, the food is so bad that it ruins the experience.)

P.S. I note you'll be on Azamara soon. That ship category is identical to Oceania's and I understand they're trying to mimic Oceania. You'll have to report back on your food experience from that cruise.

Happy cruising. ;)

Matching Oceania might be a tough one for Azamara. They are a bit "below" sister Celebrity. A friend(travel agent)did a Azamara cruise & thought it was way below Celebrity's standard. Oceania is noted for food at the Cunard(Grills level)Silver Sea, or Crystal Cruise quality.

Archived