Renting Snorkel Gear on Carnival?

We will be heading out to our Carnival Freedom western carib. cruise and was wondering if Carnival still rents out Snorkel gear on the ship?

If you have rented it before, was it fairly good quality?

How much did you pay, and where did you rent it at on the ship? We would only need the gear for 1 day and I am trying to figure out if I should buy it or just rent it (to save some space)

The website used to say that they rented snorkel gear but I'm pretty sure it doesn't any longer. Go to the website FAQ and look for "onboard rentals" or some similar name. I remember looking for that info a couple of cruises ago. Or just call them and ask to be sure, if you can't find it there.

They had snorkels for sale on the Spirit when we were in Hawaii a couple weeks ago. $5 I think and you keep it. Good if you don't want to bring your own and don't want to use the one "from the bucket". I have my own gear so I'm not sure if they were even semi-dry. For the price probably just a basic snorkel though.

Good Old Walmart right now has in the pool supply's/toys department a Ocean pacific brand snorkeling kit for 20 bucks, they have for both Adult and Kids. They come in a nice bag and includes flippers, a snorkel and a full face mask. Or if you want something a bit higher quaility walk back to the sporting goods department and they have Speedo kits...i think they were around 35 dollars. And for those of you who refuse to go to Walmart i saw the same Speedo brand snorkeling sets at Target!

Archived