Oasis may be big but it is still a small world

We live in Ft Lauderdale and today we went to our favorite BBQ place to eat. It is a nitty gritty type of place not much to look at but the BBQ is the best we ever had, you place your order at the counter and then wait until they call you. They have wooden tables and benches and we were waiting on our order and there was this family next to us and another family at the next table waiting as well. One of the families were wearing a RCL shirt so of course me be nosy asked them if they had been on a cruise.. And of course he smiled and told me he was on Oasis, the guy on the next table chimed in and said he was also on Oasis, these two families did not know each other. They asked me if I had been on Oasis as of yet and told them our cruise was in November. They both proceeded to tell us how great the ship was and they had never been on a ship like Oasis before.

I just thought it was such a small world to be eating in a dive and I mean that in the best of terms I love this place and to run into two familes that both experience Oasis at different times and having them recount their experience. I enjoyed it and cannot wait until we go..

That's a great story. Just imagine running into folks who had been on Oasis and had really enjoyed the ship! I'm so glad they weren't carping and threatening never to sail Royal again. I hope everybody enjoyed their BBQ too.

We were just in Costa Maya last week. Hubby was wearing his Oasis of the Seas T-shirt. Several different vendors at the Costa Maya souvenier shops asked him about Oasis. They were very excited because Oasis is making its first trip to Costa Maya on May 8. They know it is a big ship and they are dreaming of all the passengers who will be coming. I suspect they really need the business.

Although we were on Grandeur, we ran into a couple who had sailed on Oasis the same cruise we did! They will be on Allure next Dec 5, but they are beating us to Allure. We will be sailing next February.

OMG, why can't I think of the name of that restaurant. Right on Federal close to 17th Street, counch chowder, cheap sherry on the table, bimini bread?? Upstairs porch? Is that the one?

I used to tend bar at the World Famous Rip Tide. Nuff said. ;).

OMG, why can't I think of the name of that restaurant. Right on Federal close to 17th Street, counch chowder, cheap sherry on the table, bimini bread?? Upstairs porch? Is that the one?

I used to tend bar at the World Famous Rip Tide. Nuff said. ;).

I know the one you are talking about we passed it today and for the life of me I cannot remember the name the one we went to is called Tom Jenkins and it is up the road from the one you are talking about.

We live in Ft Lauderdale and today we went to our favorite BBQ place to eat. It is a nitty gritty type of place not much to look at but the BBQ is the best we ever had, you place your order at the counter and then wait until they call you. They have wooden tables and benches and we were waiting on our order and there was this family next to us and another family at the next table waiting as well. One of the families were wearing a RCL shirt so of course me be nosy asked them if they had been on a cruise.. And of course he smiled and told me he was on Oasis, the guy on the next table chimed in and said he was also on Oasis, these two families did not know each other. They asked me if I had been on Oasis as of yet and told them our cruise was in November. They both proceeded to tell us how great the ship was and they had never been on a ship like Oasis before.

I just thought it was such a small world to be eating in a dive and I mean that in the best of terms I love this place and to run into two familes that both experience Oasis at different times and having them recount their experience. I enjoyed it and cannot wait until we go..

It really is a small world,I live in Ontario Canada a took a cruise that sailed out of Barbados,Sitting at our table much to my surprize were customers of mine,on another trip I meet customers on a flight to vegas.The Oasis truly is a marvel it never felt crowded to me ,the flow was so smooth,elevators were quick,and we meet a lot of very nice people.Thats one of the things I enjoy about cruising.I think people will be meeting and talking about the Oasis for a good many years to come.

Archived