Grouse Mountain??

natesfirewife

We were thinking about going to Grouse Mountain in Vancouver the day before we get on the ship. I was wondering if anyone has gone and what they thought of it. It has a lumberjack show, a bird of prey show, hiking, and a wildlife refuge kinda place. Everything looks neat but I wanted to know if anyone thought it was corny or if they would do it again.

Thanks,

Misty

Grouse Mt is one of the top two or three tourist attractions in the Greater Vancouver area and not just because of the Grouse Grind trail - Judging by your signature you will be in Vancouver in the middle of summer and that is a great time to visit the peak of Vancouver - here's a link to their website:

http://www.grousemtn.com/welcome.cfm

I hike the mountain a couple of times a year and use the Skyride to visit it another half dozen times a year. The lumberjack show is a good natured look at one of BC's most important industries.

The Grizzly Bear refuge with Coola and Grinder is excellant especially if you have any children with you - they have also added a wolf habitat - haven't see that one yet - your skyride ticket gives you access to the various mountain top functions.

Hope this helps some - feel free to ask more questions if necessary

Cheers

Dennis

I too would definately recommend Grouse Mt. Just a nice ride up and great hiking trails. I always have a car, but there are tour buses that go there, not a budget option however. It may be worthwhile with a group to consider a day car rental and plan other activities using it too? Even the drive to Squamish is wonderful.

Grouse Mountain is definitely worth the visit. We got there on public transport, bought a daily ticket, caught the seabus to the north shore then just jumped on the bus. We stopped at Capilano Suspension Bridge, and then just continued on to Grouse Mountain.

Grouse for dinner. They have a good restaurant with an amazing view of the city. Make reservations.

You can catch a bus just outside The Hyatt hotel on Georgia. It is called Capilano Bus. It will take you to the base of the mountain where you can catch the tram.

Misty,

We got off the Summit on a Friday morning in Vanc. and after getting our rental car, driving around downtown area, Stanley Park drive, we headed out to Grouse Mtn after lunch. Didn't know what it was for sure, but decided to do it, bought tickets and started up. Then it began to rain!! So we walked around in our light jackets, with all our raingear packed away, and quickly saw the place. We enjoyed the grizzley habitat, and got some good pictures of their two bears. You can shoot them up on higher ground without any fence or wires in picture. The wolf habitat is large and has fence and electric wire around it. Hard to get pictures with those but sometimes was possible. Had both black and all white wolves. We stood in rain for a while to watch these two. As for the lumberjack show, it was kinda of slapstick, with some skills shown. We were getting wetter and cold so we went inside. They also have movies that play inside but we didn't wait for the next round. Lots of wood carvings outside and just before we left, a deer and fawn were eating in a clearing near the carvings. So it was a nice 2-3 hours and would have been better without rain. We were spending night out in suburbs on Fraiser River in New Westminster so we had to get going since we had Fri commute traffic.

Sorry --I am unsure of the particulars. I am planning the whole trip so I left this *one* thing for the hubby to plan, (since I have ZERO interest) Has he called them yet? No of course not. :D Check out the Grouse Mountain website. They have contact info posted, and I'm sure that they could quickly answer your questions.

Archived