Solo Cruiser and Tour Companies

jpg1747

I'm cruising solo and want to book an independent island overview/beach time tour. Are there any companies that are better at dealing with solos and any I should avoid? I'm happy being put with a group of people, but I don't want to intrude on a private booking. In other words, if I'm with a group of people that booked in 2s or 3s or 4s, that's fine. But if it's a group of 8 or 9, that would be uncomfortable. Thanks.

I'm cruising solo and want to book an independent island overview/beach time tour. Are there any companies that are better at dealing with solos and any I should avoid? I'm happy being put with a group of people, but I don't want to intrude on a private booking. In other words, if I'm with a group of people that booked in 2s or 3s or 4s, that's fine. But if it's a group of 8 or 9, that would be uncomfortable. Thanks.

Hi this is Tamara! We chatted on the St. Kitts board!!

I did two tours in this port,both with excellent guides!!

On my first visit, I did an island tour with Bernard. There was only three of us that day. Myself and a woman and her son from my ship. Bernard gave us a great tour of the island. We did adjust the beach time a bit since her son really wanted to see the planes take off Maho (?) beach. I work for an airline and found this fun also.

On my next visit, I was with Joyce Prince. The other group cancelled at the last minute and I end up doing the tour alone! She adjusted the rate a bit,but it was still very reasonable to have a driver and car to myself.

Since it was my second visit, I knew what to see and do. So I wanted to spend more time on the French time and less beach time. I also wanted to eat at a local place. Joyce cater to what I wanted to do that day.

With either one you can't go wrong?

P.S. In St. Lucia, go with Coscol you can go wrong!!!!

We did Bernard's Tours a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, toured the whole perimeter of the island and stopped at a few places. We were about 10 adults in the van and it was all couples + my son who is 1 and sitting on my lap. Bernard was very nice, respectful and accommodating (we stayed in the van during a short stop since my son had fallen asleep).

The price was USD 35 per person and it included drinks (in a cooler by the driver seat, available anytime).

There were no solo travelers on our group but I have traveled solo quite extensively before I got married and I think I would have felt very comfortable in this tour.

jpg1747...I think Bernards takes more than just one party on his tours and often books additional drivers/guides, depending upon the demand. I suggest, however, that you go to your Roll Call and see whoelse may be doing a tour and hook up with them. You'll be with others you will hav emet at meet and greets and chatted with before the cruise, and from your ship, which may be important if several ships are in port and other cruisers off those ships are booking the same tour. Have a great cruise.

We did Bernard's Tours a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, toured the whole perimeter of the island and stopped at a few places. We were about 10 adults in the van and it was all couples + my son who is 1 and sitting on my lap.

In case it wasn't clear, we weren't a private group, we didn't know any of the other couples.

As for what OP said about additional drivers, there was one more van (with a different driver of course) the day we were in port since it wasn't a busy day, only the Summit was on port. On busier days I read he has quite a few more drivers. I had requested from Bernard in an email exchange that he be our driver, and he was, although it may have been random chance. Had we be assigned the other driver I wouldn't have said anything, but maybe we would have enjoyed our tour less.

Archived