Veendam made it back to NY!

GrammieK

Welcome home! I have been anxiously awaiting your review. :)

We chose Anytime Dining this time, with the thought that we probably wouldn't be eating in the MDR at all. We are hoping to do the Pinnacle on formal nights, and are planning on booking them as soon as we get on the ship. I would've done it before hand, but we now get a discount as 3* Mariners, and apparently, you only get that discount if you book onboard. Hmmphhh.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise, even despite the rough seas.

Did you notice if they offered a Pub Crawl at any time? Also, are the heavy winds and rough seas unusual or standard? Thank you for taking the time to post a review and offer to answer questions!

But there were mixology classes, wine tasting & beer tasting (we did beer one, it was fun).

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that they reserved a berth in Hamilton going forward just in case. I'm sorry anytime dining didn't work out...that's what we have too...it was that or late, and I felt that late was just too late...we are used to eating earlier, and I was afraid we'd be starving by then. I guess worst-case scenario, we can do a combination of Cannaletto, the Lido and room service.

There was a suite luncheon and it was held on Monday at noon in the dining room. We also had "cocktails or after dinner drinks" on Friday at 7:15 in the Crow's Nest and "suite farewell cocktails" on Saturday at 7:30 in the Mix.

We are booked on the Veendam to Bermuda and have an aft cabin on Navigation deck, A076. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Is there any problem with the Retreat being over it?

Any imput would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Our friends stay in 073 and did not have a problem. They loved it! The other concierge was Cara. She was also very nice and helpful, but it was clear that Anna was the main gal.

yeah i was on it too it was a really nice time and it was my first so i definitley wasnt dissappointed im glad i went :) but thankfully i wasnt affected by the sea sickness but me mom and grandma and brother were> but the entertainment was great :) it was only to bad that you had to pay for internet for me becuase then i couldnt get on FAcebooK but i didnt even think about it once i got on for a day tehre was so much to do and it was so much fun

Archived