PRINSENDAM - renumbered cabins

travelite

Is anyone back from a 2010 Prinsendam cruise that would shed some light/ info. on the renumbered cabins on Lower Promenade Deck? Were additional cabins added to this deck also?

Does this deck still have a complete, full circle, promenade area?

Have heard changes were made to this deck, as well as the addition of cabins on the other two promenade decks, in Jan. 2010.

Where did they put the fitness center and spa?

I've seen some pictures of the current exterior but can't see what changes were made to Lower Promenade Deck or the interior. The additional aft veranda cabins are visible.

Does this ship now seem crowded on sea days with the loss of public space or have other areas been opened up?

Is anyone back from a 2010 Prinsendam cruise that would shed some light/ info. on the renumbered cabins on Lower Promenade Deck? Were additional cabins added to this deck also?

Does this deck still have a complete, full circle, promenade area?

Have heard changes were made to this deck, as well as the addition of cabins on the other two promenade decks, in Jan. 2010.

Where did they put the fitness center and spa?

I've seen some pictures of the current exterior but can't see what changes were made to Lower Promenade Deck or the interior. The additional aft veranda cabins are visible.

Does this ship now seem crowded on sea days with the loss of public space or have other areas been opened up?

Just back from the Prinsendam and I'll do my best to give you the up-date you request. First, the new layout is on the HAL web site but fortunately, I have a copy of the previous deck plans for comparison.

The Promenade Deck (aft) still has the previous cabins, but there are now 9 outside cabins port and starboard (6 additional each side) and 4 more inside behind the 2 that were there before...the new ones have a door on the port side and span over to the other passageway (large/long cabins).

The outside cabins are numbered 200 to 216 on the port side and from 201 to 217 on the starboard. The insides are 225 and 226 (wheelchair accessible) and the 4 insides behind are 228, 230, 232, and 234. Also there are 7 outside cabins across the stern, numbered 218 to 224 (218 port, 219 starboard, then odds and evens toward the center). BTW, these outside are all verandas.

The cabins on the Lower Promenade which were numbered from 200 to 229 outside and 230 to 238 inside are now 250 to 277 outside and 278 to 286 inside.

The walking area of the Lower Promenade is still as it was but now has a large 'roof-covered' area at the stern outside the MDR.

On the Upper Promenade Deck you will see new cabins, a new pool, and a bar added to the previous Spa area.

As our cruise had 633 total passangers, the ship was not full to capacity (quite a number of singles in a cabin). However, there's little doubt that the Queen's Lounge, the MDR, the Lido and occasionally the Crow's Nest are full at times.

We had one of the new inside cabins at the stern on the Promenade Deck; it was large, the AC functioned very well and all was new. There was room for improvements but they'll come with time/use. All in all, the Prinsendam is still a great ship for getting to know others due to it's smaller size and of course, it's itineraries are far more adventurous. Hope this all helps.

Trashhauler

Just back from the Prinsendam and I'll do my best to give you the up-date you request. First, the new layout is on the HAL web site but fortunately, I have a copy of the previous deck plans for comparison.

The Promenade Deck (aft) still has the previous cabins, but there are now 9 outside cabins port and starboard (6 additional each side) and 4 more inside behind the 2 that were there before...the new ones have a door on the port side and span over to the other passageway (large/long cabins).

The outside cabins are numbered 200 to 216 on the port side and from 201 to 217 on the starboard. The insides are 225 and 226 (wheelchair accessible) and the 4 insides behind are 228, 230, 232, and 234. Also there are 7 outside cabins across the stern, numbered 218 to 224 (218 port, 219 starboard, then odds and evens toward the center). BTW, these outside are all verandas.

The cabins on the Lower Promenade which were numbered from 200 to 229 outside and 230 to 238 inside are now 250 to 277 outside and 278 to 286 inside.

The walking area of the Lower Promenade is still as it was but now has a large 'roof-covered' area at the stern outside the MDR.

On the Upper Promenade Deck you will see new cabins, a new pool, and a bar added to the previous Spa area.

As our cruise had 633 total passangers, the ship was not full to capacity (quite a number of singles in a cabin). However, there's little doubt that the Queen's Lounge, the MDR, the Lido and occasionally the Crow's Nest are full at times.

We had one of the new inside cabins at the stern on the Promenade Deck; it was large, the AC functioned very well and all was new. There was room for improvements but they'll come with time/use. All in all, the Prinsendam is still a great ship for getting to know others due to it's smaller size and of course, it's itineraries are far more adventurous. Hope this all helps.

Trashhauler

Thanks for the info. on the changes.

There appears to be available cabins on our sailing also.....coming up shortly. I recall when this ship filled up quickly and wait lists were in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, Trashauler!

Did you happen to see or hear anything about the new stern ABs on the Promenade deck? We're debating between one of those (as we love to see both shores) and an SY (as it's a T.A. with 24 days), but the SYs are on the sides.... :confused:

Trashhauler

Trashhauker, May I use your description of the changes on the Prinsendam pages on the HAL Staterooms/Cabin Pages??

Joanie

Trashhauler

Can someone let me know if the new category I cabins (228,230,232,234) on the Prinsendam, Promenade deck aft, have "coolers" (previously referred to as refrigerators) ?

:rolleyes:

Archived