11 days to go.....

mrsozzy

6 sleeps to go!!!!!

Got my sons birthday party tommorrow then best get packing!!!!

Happy Birthday to him :):). A party! brace yourself!!:eek:

Why don't you do a countdown clock. You'll find the tab at the top of the page, Namely 'Countdown Clocks' lol :D:D

Jan

I know a party I must be mad!! Got a bouncy castle coming and at the moment it is really raining.... 7 four year olds in the living room not good.....!! I'm praying for sunshine!

We fly from Doncaster, first time for the kids to fly. Hoping they will just sleep!! We fly at 6am so may be a possibility!!

Not long now!

Under a week :D

Hope the packing is all done, My stuff is still trickiling in from the bay ;) I hope the weather picks up in the med in the next week or so, makes a holiday when the sun shines, and keeps the kids happy.

Must get back to the House work ..ttfn

RR

I know a party I must be mad!! Got a bouncy castle coming and at the moment it is really raining.... 7 four year olds in the living room not good.....!! I'm praying for sunshine!

We fly from Doncaster, first time for the kids to fly. Hoping they will just sleep!! We fly at 6am so may be a possibility!!

Not long now!

Hope the weather improves, dull but dry here. You'd better go out and buy one of those large blue plastic tarpaulins for the living room, lol. :D:D

Sleep!! on the plane!! No chance, lol, you'll have to stock up on comics and colouring books Good luck, you'll need it. :D:D Keep an eye on that ash cloud over Spain.

Jan

We got lucky and it stayed dry all day yesterday for the party!!! Tired out now from all the bouncing on the bouncy castle!

Just starting the packing. So much to think about!!

When it comes to hand luggage I understand the liquid rules now (just about anyway!!) but are you allowed to take food through secruity? I only mean snacks for the kids, rasins, cereal bars ect...??

We got lucky and it stayed dry all day yesterday for the party!!! Tired out now from all the bouncing on the bouncy castle!

Just starting the packing. So much to think about!!

When it comes to hand luggage I understand the liquid rules now (just about anyway!!) but are you allowed to take food through secruity? I only mean snacks for the kids, rasins, cereal bars ect...??

Glad you had a good party.:) We hadn't flown for a while until March and like you weren't sure but on the plane we saw a lot of people munching on home made sandwiches so I guess it's just drinks. Over on the Thomsons forum there is a thread named '5 things you wished you'd known on your first cruise' started by ...Me!!!... it will be a few pages in by now but has a lot of good tips.:)

Actually I'll go in and add another one so it'll be near the top.

Jan

Nah... still here!! We fly early hours of Thursday....

Hopefully anyway!!

Thompson have postponed all flights to Tenerife today.

The ash better not head towards Palma!

Phew!! I thought I was going senile. I don't think you need to worry as I'm sure that flights will be re-route around the cloud.:):)

Jan

Whoops ? Forgot IE is thursday this year :o

Hi RR

Yep, we're all going senile together. We've got a week off this week, rubbish weather here but clear tonight and totally forgot to go out and look for the ISS as we were watching the election stuff.:D:D

How is your sister-in-law? I hope she is coping ok.:)

Jan

Well, we are all packed and ready to go!

Cases are by the door.... kids been in bed since 6pm! Not looking forward to waking them at 2.30!!!

Flights are looking ok so far!!

x

2.30!!! Ouch!! Good luck with that, lol.:D:D

Have a lovely trip, lucky you getting away from this awful cold. We've got a week off and it's too cold to do anything much. Pictures tomorrow then.:D

Jan

2.30!!! Ouch!! Good luck with that, lol.:D:D

Have a lovely trip, lucky you getting away from this awful cold. We've got a week off and it's too cold to do anything much. Pictures tomorrow then.:D

Jan

Haven't they gone yet ? It seems ages, this countdown is going really slow.

I think it's all the post election stuff it's taking for ever to get things sorted.

Berwyn

Haven't they gone yet ? It seems ages, this countdown is going really slow.

I think it's all the post election stuff it's taking for ever to get things sorted.

Berwyn

It's all RR's fault!! lol. He thought they'd gone a couple of days ago and got us all thinking we'd gone mad and couldn't read a countdown clock.:D:D Yours will go really slow at 3 hundred and somethings days. lol. :D:D:eek:

Jan

It's all RR's fault!! lol. He thought they'd gone a couple of days ago and got us all thinking we'd gone mad and couldn't read a countdown clock.:D:D Yours will go really slow at 3 hundred and somethings days. lol. :D:D:eek:

Jan

You wait for my next countdown clock. It will be even longer. :eek:

When we booked Mexico we had already booked a cruise for same date.

So have to move that cruise to next year.

I wanted to do Mexico ASAP. Get it out of way, just in case.

DW wants to do it, so that's why we're going.

Berwyn

You wait for my next countdown clock. It will be even longer. :eek:

When we booked Mexico we had already booked a cruise for same date.

So have to move that cruise to next year.

I wanted to do Mexico ASAP. Get it out of way, just in case.

DW wants to do it, so that's why we're going.

Berwyn

Why get it out of the way ASAP? Did I miss something?:)

Jan

Why get it out of the way ASAP? Did I miss something?:)

Jan

WE want to do the big heavy excursion holidays while we are still fit enough to do them.

Also DW believes in the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, so she wants to do Mexico before then. I'm 57 now so want to do Mexico and Red Sea Magic next. Then can relax and do the more relaxing cruises like the Adriatic and Baltic after, just in case we get too decrepit to get stuck in to big excursions.

Berwyn

We're back!!!

Sorry to have not replied earlier, been busy enjoying the sunshine!!!

We all had a fantastic time! Kids loved it!

Like most other reviews, yes the ship is old and in need of a refit. But the crew and food couldn't have been any better.

We ate mainly in the Beachcomber as the kids were on hunger strike and living on crackers and chips. My hubby and I made up for it though and ate loads! The breakfasts were lovely and I was craving their french toast this morning, it was gorgous! Afternoon tea went down very well most days. The kids napped and we ate :) I liked that they did a theme night every night. So we got an Italian night, chinese, Indian... very yummy!

We did have one bad night with seasickness. I should have caught on when they were putting sick bags on all the railings.. but I didn't till my little girl was sick everywhere. (and I always thought kids under 5 didn't get seasick?!?) Then my son started and I felt terrible. SO it was left to hubby to look after us all. The staff were fantastic and just giving us tonnes of towels and bags.

My son George made friends with our cabin steward (is that the right word??) So would shout every morning 'Alex can I please have a towel animal!!' So we had them all, 2 monkeys, swan,dog,turtle!

Unfortunatly it did rain the first 3 days so Sciliy, Naples and our day at sea were a bit rubbish, but once the sun came out we made the most of it! Corsica was stunning, as was Toulon. We found the beach both days and had a great time. I loved Barcelona! we took the kids to the aquarium. Which was fab.

George cried on the last couple of days because he really didn't want to come home. We met so many nice people and all the staff made such an effort with the kids.

So, we had a fab time! and we're glad to have brought the sunshine home with us!!!

and an extra plus was that we flew from Doncaster. What a great airport. It was only about 20 mins from landing that we were sat in the car ready to get home!!

Sarah

Hi Mrs Ozzy

Thanks for bringing the good weather back with you. I sympathise with you about the sea sickness, we had one evening of it. Hubby went down first, not sick though, and put the wrist bands on, I was ok until I started to pack for the next day but bending over the case brought it on. I took Stugeron and we both lay down for an hour and got up perfectly ok after that, thank goodness. Nice to see you enjoyed yourselves despite the weather but it would have been really boring if you'd been stuck in a land based hotel with nothing to do at all.:eek:

As I said on another post I quite liked the sponge pudding and custard and like you the themed nights. We had quite a concoction some nights. I went in the Gym a few times on the treadmill and bike and was amazed that I didn't put on a single pound.:D:D

The big question is:- Would you do it again?

Jan

Archived