HAL, Norweigan, Crystal, Princess??? HELP

beantownbaby

My parents are celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary this year. My sister and I are attempting to plan a cruise to Alaska to celebrate. We are considering both sending them on their own, or with us, her husband and two boys - 6 and 9 years old. My mother is a VERY active 73 year old. My father, a not-so-active 79. I know I'd like to send them in June (I think) and like them to have a balcony cabin; otherwise, I'm stumped.

If we send them alone, which cruise line and ship would you recommend? It looks like HAL or Crystal are nice. What are your thoughts on the Norweigan Star? If we go as a family of seven - 2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 children, and 1 sister, which cruise line and ship would you recommend? Also, if we go as a family, what's the best way to limit expenses?

Any advice you have is appreciated.

I believe I responded elsewhere to this post??? Anyway- Crystal would be excellent for your parents going alone- probably the most costly too. :( Look at several options- ports, route, time in port, glacier PRICE. Budget for costly excursions- they are worth it. :) Are you looking at one way or round trip? Land touring? By deciding on the time and area you can then narrow down further, looking at your priorities.

Archived