E-Luggage Tags and Plastic Thingies...

bleuiz

On our previous cruises....I would download the luggage tags, have them laminated, put a hole in them....and then on the recommendations of this board, bought some type of plastic clasps that click on and won't come off.....I always bought them at Staples....

Now my son is taking his first cruise without us.....I went to Staples to buy the plastic clasps but they don't have them.....

Can someone tell me an official name of them? (someone once posted a photo of them too....) He/I are going to try Home Depot to get them....

Thanks

On our previous cruises....I would download the luggage tags, have them laminated, put a hole in them....and then on the recommendations of this board, bought some type of plastic clasps that click on and won't come off.....I always bought them at Staples....

Now my son is taking his first cruise without us.....I went to Staples to buy the plastic clasps but they don't have them.....

Can someone tell me an official name of them? (someone once posted a photo of them too....) He/I are going to try Home Depot to get them....

Thanks

Sounds to me that you are referring to a tie wrap-easily bought at any hardware store

Thanks

I got mine at WalMart, and you don't need to laminate them, they are already glued. Just peel and put your luggage tags inside and reseal. Or, you can get clear packaging tape and seal them that way. We use zip locks to attach to the luggage which you can get at WalMart as well.

Thanks

Zip ties???

We bought the laminate pouches at Wal-Mart and then ironed them with a towel over them. It sealed them shut and was much easier than taping them. We punched a hold in them and used zip ties.

I just used heavy-duty string and tied a few knots in it after I wrapped it once around the luggage handle and through the tags - worked just fine. That was after I used clear packing tape around the tags and punched a hole in the two ends for the string to go through.

Next time, though, I am going to have to remember to bring a thing of Scotch tape to use for Carnival's debarkation tags, as after the luggage was all taken, I found one of my bag's tags on the floor of the hallway. Thankfully, my bag was still on the carousel with the rest of my bags in the morning, so I didn't have to track it down.

We got laminating paper from Walmart, after laminating the tags, poked a hole in the end of one of the tags....just used a 3 hole punch to make one hole, then threaded a large, strong rubber band through the hole to attach to luggage handle. This worked great for us and we have enough laminating paper for about 10 more cruises!

You know, I put a whole lot of work into planning, packing and everything else prior to my cruise but I absolutely do NOT put in any effort into luggage tags!

I print them on regular copy paper, in B&W. I fold and tape them on with REGULAR tape. I place a piece of tape across the bar code. I put a "spare" in an outside pocket.

Have never had any problem at all with them.

Given what the cruise and extras cost, there is NO WAY I'm going to spend one cent more than absolutely necessary on luggage tags! :p

I guess DW and I are just lucky. We fold as instructed, staple in about 6 places, and hace yet to have 1 ripped off at airport. But then, we take several extras in case 1 does end up missing by time we get to port.

I'd rather bring string than a stapler with me. ;) I don't put on non-airline tags before flying because it can confuse the baggage handlers or the agent or baggage ppl might rip the tags off purposely (it has happened before to ppl with other types of tags, like Disney Magical Express tags which do need to be put on before flying).

Given what the cruise and extras cost, there is NO WAY I'm going to spend one cent more than absolutely necessary on luggage tags! :p

LOL! I already have packing tape and string, though, so I didn't really spend extra on the tags.

I'd rather bring string than a stapler with me. ;)

Just for future reference,,, I have had 2 baggage handlers tell me that they liked the zip ties because when the staples start to come out they tend to rip their hands up...

I usually punch 2 holes in the tags and thread the tie like a shoestring, it stays put and makes the baggage handlers happy.

I've always just done the packing tape thing to "laminate" with. Probably because I already have the packing tape and am too cheap to buy laminating paper. :p Punch a couple holes and use zip ties. Those tags have come through two rainy trips to the aiport and were still attached even when the luggage was all but destroyed by the airline. :eek:

Most people use inkjets to print with -the tags really need some type of covering in case of rain at the airport or cruise port. Wet paper printed on an inkjet printer becomes a soggy, unreadable mess very quickly.

I'm too cheap to even print out the luggage tags. What -- I'm gonna blow an entire toner cartridge for Carnival's luggage tags??? Um... NOOOO!

Don't bother printing the luggage tags. When you get to the port, the porters have pockets full of 'em. They can give you whatever color/deck # that you need. We brought a sheet of pre-printed address labels from home, stuck those on the luggage tags, scribbled our cabin number, & we were good to go. It took about 4 minutes.

The porter was very impressed with our pre-printed address labels -- he said he'd never seen that before & he liked it.:cool:

I'm too cheap to even print out the luggage tags. What -- I'm gonna blow an entire toner cartridge for Carnival's luggage tags??? Um... NOOOO!

[...]

We brought a sheet of pre-printed address labels from home, stuck those on the luggage tags, scribbled our cabin number, & we were good to go.

Aha! But you paid for the address labels!!!! :p

(I'm just kidding; you likely used the free ones that come in the mail from charities.)

Archived