Chase Bank in Alaskan Ports??

Purpleprincess4

Are you asking because you want to get money from ATM's? If so, you should consider opening a checking account with a bank that lets you use any ATM without fees. My primary banks are Chase and Bank of America but I use Charles Schwab for ATM. I just keep enough emergency money in the account in case I need cash or, when traveling, just my spending money. That way you never have to worry about looking for a particular bank. Just use any ATM, even internationally, without fees.

You can open an account by mail and make transfers over the phone. It's really easy. I've never even gone to their branch. More info about it on my blog:

http://moonprincess.com/cruisinggoddess/europe/credit-cards-atm-cards-for-foreign-currency/

Hope that helps!

Are you asking because you want to get money from ATM's? If so, you should consider opening a checking account with a bank that lets you use any ATM without fees. My primary banks are Chase and Bank of America but I use Charles Schwab for ATM. I just keep enough emergency money in the account in case I need cash or, when traveling, just my spending money. That way you never have to worry about looking for a particular bank. Just use any ATM, even internationally, without fees.

You can open an account by mail and make transfers over the phone. It's really easy. I've never even gone to their branch. More info about it on my blog:

http://moonprincess.com/cruisinggoddess/europe/credit-cards-atm-cards-for-foreign-currency/

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. It isn't a problem since we have ING too. The ATM's seem to be more widespread than the Chase ATM's. I was just curious if anyone had seen Chase's since the website wouldn't pull any up in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican.

Thanks for the info. It isn't a problem since we have ING too. The ATM's seem to be more widespread than the Chase ATM's. I was just curious if anyone had seen Chase's since the website wouldn't pull any up in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican.

Chase is not in Alaska, anywhere! Shoot we don't even have Bank of America. The only bank that has ties to a Lower 48 bank would be Wells Fargo.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I don't bank with Chase but my credit card is a Chase Visa. If your card says VISA somewhere on it, you aren't limited to Chase-specific ATM's, you can use any Visa system ATM anywhere in the world.

I don't bank with Chase but my credit card is a Chase Visa. If your card says VISA somewhere on it, you aren't limited to Chase-specific ATM's, you can use any Visa system ATM anywhere in the world.

Got to watch sometimes when you use an ATM card out of your regular system as there may be a charge. I'm currently in Scotland and have an ATM with an Alaskan Credit Union with VISA Plus on the back and used it to get cash (you get a better exchange rate, I've found then a currency exchange) yesterday. The machine did warn me there could be a charge and there was a 1% VISA fee on my bank account.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Yes, you can use any ATM in the world with your Visa but at what cost? You'll have to pay fees to the bank that owns the ATM plus fees that Visa and the credit card bank (Chase) charges you. I believe it's usually a percentage of the withdrawal amount, such as 3%. Make sure you are clear what these charges will be before you start using it!

Yes, you guys are correct - fees may be incurred. It's just likes fees you many incur using your Visa to charge merchandise or services, etc. when you're out of the country. But at least it's an option. ;)

Yes, you guys are correct - fees may be incurred. It's just likes fees you many incur using your Visa to charge merchandise or services, etc. when you're out of the country. But at least it's an option. ;)

You can avoid that too with a Capital One credit card. No fees for charging out of the country!

Archived